Obtaining Placement Test Scores and Retesting
You may request to have official copies of your placement test scores mailed or emailed to another college. There is no fee for this service.
NOTE: Wake Tech does not fax test scores.
Students are allowed to retest if they have not enrolled in developmental courses; however, there will be a $10 fee and a seven-day waiting period for any test taken a second time. No student will be permitted to take the test more than two times.
Students are urged to review the test format online and to take very seriously the importance of the test in determining their academic placement.
Exceptions to the required retest fee include the following:
- Students who took the regular placement test initially but need instead to take the English as a Second Language test to determine their language ability
- Students with disabilities who took the regular placement test initially without appropriate accommodations
Students who need to retest on any portion of the placement test must see an advisor in the Admissions Office to obtain permission to retake the test and get a retest card.
Students also must pay the $10 retest fee at any of the following locations:
- Southern Wake Campus: Cashier’s Office, Montague Hall, Room 110
- Scott Northern Wake Campus: Building C, Room 236D
- Perry Health Sciences Campus: Building A, Room 131
- Western Wake Campus: Room 100A
- Public Safety Education Campus: Room 1718
Students must present their receipts to Testing Center staff before taking the retest.