Medical Assisting Admissions
The Medical Assisting (MED) program offers both a diploma and a degree and prepares multi-skilled health care professionals to perform administrative, clinical and laboratory procedures.
Coursework includes instruction in scheduling appointments, coding and processing insurance accounts, billing, collections and computer operations; assisting with examinations and treatments; performing routine laboratory procedures; electrocardiography; supervised medication administration; and the legal and ethical issues associated with patient care.
Graduates of CAAHEP-accredited medical assisting programs may be eligible to sit for the American Association of Medical Assistants’ certification examination to become Certified Medical Assistants. Employment opportunities include physicians’ offices, health maintenance organizations, health departments and hospitals.
Perry Health Sciences Admissions
Ready to get started at Wake Tech? Follow these steps to begin:
- Apply to Wake Tech
- Submit official transcripts to [email protected]
- Apply for financial aid and veterans benefits, if applicable
- Once admitted, follow the steps to enroll on the New Student Checklist
- Submit a Medical Assisting program application to [email protected]
- Complete the non-credit Math for Medical Assistants and Healthcare Professionals (MAT 3713A7) course by the end of the first semester in Medical Assisting. Students can get the course requirement waived by scoring an 84% or better on the Medical Assisting Math Readiness Assessment given at the program orientation.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App