General Admissions Procedures
Follow these simple steps to enroll at Wake Tech:
- Complete the NC Residency Determination Interview.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
- Apply to be a Wake Tech Student
Apply online at CFNC.org apply.waketech.edu. Visit a campus Admissions Office if you need assistance. Apply Now!
- Research Career Options
If you’re new to college and not sure about your major or intended career, visit careers.waketech.edu for self-assessment resources and information on job outlook, salary ranges and education requirements.
- Activate Your Wake Tech Account
Go to my.waketech.edu, click the RED ACTIVATE ACCOUNT button. Activate your Wake Tech email.
Apply for Financial Aid (Apply early) - Financial Aid Checklist
- Request Official Transcripts
Submit official transcripts from high school (and college, if applicable).
NOTE: If you already have a college degree, you do not need to submit high school transcripts UNLESS you are a Health Sciences applicant. Health Sciences requires all high school and college transcripts.
Submit to [email protected] or mail to
Wake Tech Admissions
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC 27603-5696
- Take Placement Test
Complete the placement test. Visit testingcenter.waketech.edu for information about exemptions to testing and to reserve your seat. Prepare and Study before taking your test!
- Meet with an Advisor - advising.waketech.edu
- Attend Orientation - orientation.waketech.edu
- Complete E-Learning Module (only needed if enrolling in online courses) -E-Learning Intro
- All HEALTH SCIENCES programs have additional admissions requirements. Select below to explore Academic Programs or view Health Sciences Admissions.
Need more information before you apply?
Attend one of our GPS (Guiding Prospective Students) sessions!
Attend a GPS Information Session to learn about the enrollment process and Wake Tech student life in a relaxed atmosphere where you can discuss your questions with Wake Tech Admissions specialist.
Need help, but can't make a session?
Meet with an Admissions Information Specialist on the Southern Wake Campus or Northern Wake Campus – no appointment needed!