Enrolling in CCP
1. Attend Mandatory Information Session Seated or Online (this is the only way to obtain application materials)
- Register for a seated Information Session. Once a session is full, it will no longer appear on the site as a session for which to be registered. The online version can be found on the "Information Sessions" page.
- All new students to CCP must attend a seated Information Session or watch the online version.
- An Information Session is NOT a New Student Orientation session.
- Anyone can attend any seated Information Session at any location. Regional Sessions are offered in the community for convenience.
- You must sign in at the session to record your attendance. If you attended a session previously and it has been more than a year since you attended, we recommend that you attend an information session to receive the most up-to-date program information so you are equipped to go through the application process.
2. Submit application materials (checklist provided for guidance) by the deadline*
- CCP Application
- Eligibility Verification (EV) Form - This form is updated each academic year, so make sure you complete the most up-to-date form
- Copy of high school transcript (unofficial)
- Unofficial test scores (if applicable)
- Other supporting documentation (if applicable) which may include
- Achievement/Assessment test scores
- AIG Identification
- Any other supporting documentation
- Application materials must be submitted and processed before you can test on campus (if applicable).
- For a instructions and assistance on how to submit materials, see the following below:
- CCP Application Instructions for High School Students (Updated 4/6/20)
- CCP Application Instructions for High School Staff (Updated 4/6/20)
3. Receive confirmation of complete CCP Admissions Packet
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received and processed.
- If you need placement testing, you can test once confirmation is received.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will slow down your processing.
4. Wait for CCP Admissions Packet Review
- Once your CCP Admissions packet has been received, it must be reviewed by CCP staff to determine admission. This step takes time to complete.
- You cannot be accepted unless all required information is provided and your admissions packet is complete, including any necessary test scores and documentation.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will slow down the review and delay your admissions decision.
5. Receive Official Acceptance Letter
- This will include information regarding completing Activating your Account, New Student Orientation and more.
- Incomplete or incorrect packet information will delay your admissions decision and the arrival of your admissions letter.
- If you do not receive an admission letter within 4-5 weeks, please contact the CCP staff at [email protected]
6. Complete New Student Orientation (Required for New Students)
- You must activate your account before completing New Student Orientation
- Visit orientation.waketech.edu to sign up for a mandatory session (Online or Seated).
- Only new students to CCP will complete orientation. Continuing students do not need to complete.
- Campus tours, student ID’s and parking decals information provided.
7. Register for classes in Self-Service
- Make sure you have completed the eLearning Intro before attempting to register for an online class via eli.waketech.edu
- Search WebAdvisor as a Future Student for open sections within your pathway. Pay attention to prerequisites for classes. You can also search for courses within Self-Service.
- CCP students can only register for open classes within the pathway(s) to which they have been admitted. Registering for courses outside of a pathway will result in courses being dropped!
- CCP students must drop themselves from classes they no longer wish to take.
- Be sure that your high school schedule aligns with the courses you select for registration.
- NOTE: Remember, when choosing pathway options, students are relegated to the allotted credits and restrictions within the disciplines.
8. Confirm your class schedule
- Log in to WebAdvisor/Self-Service to view your schedule. Class schedules are not mailed to students.
- Be sure to check your schedule close to the time of class start. Courses are sometimes closed by the department which could affect your schedule.
- If you do not see classes listed or have questions, please email CCP staff at [email protected].
9. Attend Registration Open Lab Session, CCP Advising and/or Email CCP for assistance or for schedule adjustments
10. Obtain Student ID/parking decal
- If you did not do this at orientation or open lab, you can do so anytime. You will need your Wake Tech Student ID and your vehicle registration.
- You will need a student ID card even if you are an online student.
11. Purchase textbooks and/or required course materials
12. Attend class!