Wake Tech Contractors Academy
The Wake Tech Contractors Academy is a 10-week training program specifically for small, minority- and women-owned businesses in Wake County interested in pursuing contracting opportunities. The program will help participants develop their business to increase capacity and compete at a higher level in the public sector. Participants will network with industry leaders and learn from industry experts.
The academy is a collaboration between Wake Tech's HUB Program, Entrepreneurship Initiatives and Small Business Center, along with the Wake County Public School System HUB Program and a number of community and corporate partners.
What do the classes cover?
- Contracting – The Essentials and Negotiation
- Develop a Growth Strategy for Contracting in the Public Sector
- Understanding Market Research
- The Value of Networking
- Supply Chain Management
- Money Management and the Cost of Doing Business
- In business for at least three years
- Filed tax returns under your business
- Have an interest in pursuing public sector contracts
- Reside in or have a business in Wake County
- Sell a good or service commonly purchased by public agencies at a competitive price, such as facilities and construction; industrial products and services; janitorial or security services; plywood and lumber; information technology; and transportation and logistics services.
6 - 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays
February 8 - April 12, 2023
Beltline Education Center
3200 Bush St., Raleigh
$100 (up to two representatives per business)
How to apply
- Complete the online application by December 5.
- Complete one free counseling session with the Small Business Center by January 11, 2023. When you schedule your session, be sure to tell your counselor that you've applied.
- All applicants will be notified by January 25, 2023, via their provided email if they have been accepted into the academy. Payment instructions will be included with the acceptance email.