Wake Tech Contractors Academy
The Wake Tech Contractors Academy is an 8-week training program designed specifically for small Minority and Women-Owned Businesses in Wake County interested in pursuing contracting opportunities with state and local government. The all-virtual program will help participants develop their business to increase capacity and compete at a higher level in the public sector. Participants will network with industry leaders and learn from industry experts.
The Academy is a collaboration between Wake Tech’s HUB Program, Entrepreneurship Initiatives, and Small Business Center, along with the Wake County Public School System and HUB Program and a number of community and corporate partners.
What do the classes cover?
- Understanding Market Research
- The value of Networking
- The Nuts and Bolts of Construction Management
- Business Finances 101
- Establishing Relationships to Grow Your Business
- Submitting the Perfect RFP/RFQ/RFB
You are eligible if you:
- Have been in business for a minimum of 3 years
- Have filed tax returns under your business
- Have an interest in pursuing public sector contracts
- Residents in or have a business located in Wake County
How to Apply: Application Deadline-November 16, 2020
- Step 1: Complete online application
- Step 2: Agree to attend all sessions and save the dates on your calendar
- Step 3: Register for and complete one (1) free counseling session with the Small Business Center before December 20, 2020. Make sure you tell your counselor that you've applied for the program. Register and schedule a session here
- Step 4: All applicants will be notified by January 10, 2021, via their provided email if they have been accepted into the Wake Tech Contractor's Academy. Payment instructions will be included with the acceptance email
February 10, 2021- March 31, 2021
6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Cost: $100 (up to 2 representatives per business)