Student Assistance Program
Wake Tech has partnered with the McLaughlin Young group to provide additional services to students. The Student Assistance Program (SAP) offers help for personal, professional or school concerns by providing free, confidential, short-term counseling and personal consultation. Additionally, the SAP provides student-life resources for such issues as legal and financial consultation, online learning and resources.
NOTE: Wellness Services is still available and will remain your first step for mental health counseling, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wellness counselors can also answer any questions related to the SAP.
Eligibility and access
- Current Wake Tech students and their immediate family (those who live in the household)
- No program enrollment required
- 24/7 access at 704-529-1428 or 800-633-3353
- Contact with the SAP is treated as confidential
SAP addresses many concerns:
- Family conflict
- Relationship issues
- Legal and financial concerns
- Grief and loss
- Stress, anxiety, depression
- Alcohol or substance use