Individualized Learning Center (ILC)
As a Wake Tech student, you have access to the free tutorial services of the Individualized Learning Center (ILC) located on five campuses (Southern Wake Campus, Western Wake Campus, Perry Health Sciences Campus, Northern Wake Campus, Public Safety Education Campus) and online assistance is available to students enrolled in online courses.
Online and hybrid courses are available on the first day of the term.
Important Browser Information
Follow the link below to make sure that your operating system and Web browser are compatible with Blackboard’s online course management system.
Getting Ready for an Online Course
- Make sure that your computer is ready for online learning.
- Check to see if course Preview is available for your online or hybrid course before you register.
- Review the Blackboard Orientation. It contains practice tests, a practice assignment, and instructions for using Blackboard. Go to Wake Tech's Blackboard log-in page. Log in with the the generic username student and password online. Click the Blackboard Orientation link in the Courses section on the welcome page.
- If you are new to Wake Tech or have not taken an online course at Wake Tech in the past five years, you must complete the eLearning Intro before you may register for an online course. eLearning Intro is a FREE introduction to online learning available in Blackboard. You may take it at any time! Go to Wake Tech's Blackboard log-in page. Login with your student key account username and password. Click the eLearning Intro link in your Courses List.
- Log in to Blackboard on the first day of the term with your key account username and password. Links to username and password formulas follow.
- Open your online course.
- Go to the My Courses box on the right side of the screen in your Blackboard account and click on the course name. Caution: Clicking on the course name in the Announcements box will not open your online course.
- Read the Announcements.
- Become familiar with the layout of the course by clicking on the links in the course menu on the left.
- Locate the syllabus.
- Locate the course schedule.
- Determine how the instructor takes attendance in your online class.
- After the course begins, don't hesitate to contact your instructor or a classmate if you have questions or concerns about your online course content.
- Check your Wake Tech email account.
- Students automatically receive free Office 365 email accounts through the College's student portal, my.waketech.edu.
- To activate your Office 365 email, login to the student portal, my.waketech.edu.
- Your Wake Tech email address is the default email for your online courses. Instructors will only reply to official Wake Tech email messages.
- Use the online support services that are available to all students.
A Support Services link appears in the course menu of every online course.
- Have Questions?
- Don't hesitate to contact your instructor or a classmate if you have a question or concern about your online course content.
- If you are having technical problems with Blackboard, contact your instructor or Blackboard Help for Students.