Automotive & Transportation
Explore a career in the automotive industry, enhance your skills, or start your own business.
Course Details & Registration Information
- ...have a better understanding of the rules and regulations as stated in Article 12 of the General Statutes (G.S.) 20-285 through General Statutes (G.S.) 20-309 of the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles License and Theft Bureau Motor Vehicle Dealer and Manufacturer Regulation Manual.
- ...have a better understanding of new regulations and pending regulations that effect North Carolina Motor Vehicle Dealers and Manufacturers.
- Motor Vehicle Dealer as defined in Article 12 - G.S. 20-286 (11)
- Used Motor Vehicle Dealer as defined Article 12 - G.S. 20-286 (16)
- Exemptions from Licensing requirement
- Dealer Records
- Sales Representative Regulations
- Grounds for Denying, Suspending or Revoking License
- Damage Disclosure
- Salvage and Other Vehicles
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Buyers Guide
- Motor Vehicle Display
- Consignment of Vehicles
- Requirements for Bill of Sale
- Installment Agreements and Finance Charges
- Dealer Plates
- Transporter Plates
- Temporary Plates
- Disclosure Signs
- Liens, Abandonment and sale of Repossessed Vehicles
- Patriot Act
- Soldier and Sailors Relief Acts
- Cash Transaction over $10,000
- Pending Legislation
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants would satisfy the education requirements as stipulated in Motor Vehicle Dealers and Manufacturers Licensing Law - General Statutes (G.S.) of North Carolina Article 12 - G.S. 20-285 through 20-309.
- In addition to successfully completion of this course and by complying to the rules as stated in Article 12- General Statutes 20-286 through 20-309, the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles License and Theft Bureau, will issue a renewal license..
Handouts (instructor supplied)
- Attendance 100%
- Minimum passing score of 70% on end of course exam
North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle License and Theft Bureau Approved Coursework
North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle License and Theft Bureau Certified Instructor
- North Carolina Division of Motor Vehciles Auto Dealers
- Auto Dealers Pre-Licensing 12- Hour Course - SEF-3001E7