Automotive & Transportation
Explore a career in the automotive industry, enhance your skills, or start your own business.
Course Details & Registration Information
- ... have acquired the necessary instruction in safe and effective escort skills, through the successful completion of this course,
- ... have satisfied, through the successful completion of this course, the educational requirements of the North Carolina Department of Transportation Oversize-Overweight Load Escort Vehicle Driver Certification Program
- State of North Carolina Escort Vehicle Certification Program
- Functions and Duties of Escort Drivers
- Highway Operations
- Breakdowns and Emergency Operations
- Escort Vehicle operation and Defensive Driving
- Review and Final Exam
- Upon successful completion of this program, participants will have received instruction in safe and effective escort skills, achieved a passing score on the final examination that documents course comprehension, and a system of recognizing drivers certified by this or another state.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be eligible to be certified as an Oversize-Overweight load escort vehicle drivers as required by G.S. 20-119, and detailed in 19A NCAC 02D.0644.
- Attendance 100%
- Successful completion of this course requires a score of 75% or higher on the final examination. No makeup testing dates will be offered.
North Carolina Department of Transportation Oversize/Overweight Permits Unit Approved Curriculum
North Carolina Department of Transportation Oversize/Overweight Permits Unit Certified Instructor
- Escort Drivers
- Auto Dealers' 12-Hour Pre-Licensure Training - AUT-3002A3
- Initial Safety Inspection - AUT-3129A3
- NC Vehicle Safety Inspection - SEF-3001BU2