Automotive & Transportation
Explore a career in the automotive industry, enhance your skills, or start your own business.
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
- ... be familiarized with the rules and regulations pertaining to the sale and transfer of used motor vehicles in North Carolina.
- Dealers licensing requirements in North Carolina
- Qualifications for a Used Auto Dealers in North Carolina
- How to obtain a Used Motor Vehicle Dealer’s license
- Educational requirements for Used Auto Dealers in North Carolina
- Dealer Record Retention
- DMV Inspection and Investigation
- North Carolina Dealers’ Damage Disclosure laws
- FTC Buyers Guide disclosure documents
- Implied warranties affecting Used Auto Dealers
- Consignments and Used Vehicle Dealers’ requirements
- Used Auto Dealer Bill of Sales documents
- Limits of finance charges for Used Vehicle Dealers
- Requirements for obtaining dealer/temporary or transporter tags/plates
- Salesman licensing requirements
- Vehicle Inspection for Used Vehicle Dealers
- Surety Bonds
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants would satisfy the education requirements as stipulated in Motor Vehicle Dealers and Manufacturers Licensing Law - General Statutes (G.S.) of North Carolina Article 12 - G.S. 20-285 through 20-309.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants meeting the qualifications and requirements set out in Article 12 of Chapter 20 of the North Carolina General Statues, and related statues and regulations contained in Title 19A, Subchapter 3D, Section .200 will be eligible for licensing.
Handouts (instructor supplied)
- Attendance 100%
- Regular attendance and class participation are essential to effective teaching and learning. .
North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle License and Theft Bureau Approved Coursework
North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicle License and Theft Bureau Certified Instructor
- North Carolina Auto Dealers
- Auto Dealers' 12-Hour Pre-Licensure Training - AUT-3002A3