Automotive & Transportation
Explore a career in the automotive industry, enhance your skills, or start your own business.
Course Details & Registration Information
- Acquire skills to perform auto oil change and preventive maintenance.
- Students will have a better understanding to the job market and the new trends in the automotive service industry
- Students will develop confidence in themselves and their abilities, and become better skilled for the job market.
- Learn about safe driving and ethics
- Introduction and safety precautions
- Fluid maintenance , how and when to check and change
- Preparing a car for seasonal changes
- Electrical system maintenance
- fuel and Ignition maintenance, Is it time for service?
- visual vehicle inspections check list
- Tire maintenance
- Preparation for the job market : where and how to present yourself
- Attendance 90% or above
- Successful completion of this course requires 90% attendance and satisfactory class participation (i.e., be able to demonstrate proficiency in all concepts taught). If a student has extenuating circumstances causing absences of greater than 10% of the class time, the student must make arrangements with the instructor to provide evidence of keeping up with the class material and making up the work, exercises, and projects missed; or demonstrate competency in the course objectives.