The Pharmacy Technology program prepares students to work as pharmacy technicians. These allied health professionals assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing prescription medications, over-the-counter drugs, medical equipment and supplies, pharmaceutical care services, and other health care products and services for patients. The Pharmacy Technology Program curriculum is composed of classroom, laboratory, and clinical components. Classroom instruction is coordinated with laboratory activities and clinical experiences and provides a broad knowledge of prescription medications, pharmacology, medication therapy, drug interactions, anatomy and physiology, drug delivery systems, pharmacy administration, and clinical pharmacy services. Simulated laboratory activities and clinical experiences allow students to develop and enhance skills to perform pharmacy-related functions, to operate automated and robotic pharmacy equipment, and to provide pharmacy services. Clinical practice takes place in hospital, community and specialty pharmacies.
Perry Health Sciences Admissions
All Applicants Must Complete the Following Requirements:
Complete the NC RESIDENCY DETERMINATION INTERVIEW.
A residency determination will be provided within 3 business days of completion. For more information regarding residency, visit: https://ncresidency.cfnc.org/
Complete the Wake Tech Community College Application for Admission.
Provide official transcripts (in a sealed envelope) of ALL previous education, including high school or GED scores and college transcripts if applicable. If you already have a college degree, you do not need to submit high school transcripts. Applications will not be processed until transcripts have been received. Once received, your file will be reviewed for admissions and course placement. Applicants can send a Request for High School or Prior College Transcript form to schools they have attended and have their transcripts sent directly to Wake Tech. Faxed or opened transcripts are not official and will not be accepted. High school transcripts must be complete and must show the date of graduation. Applicants may call the Student Information Center at 919-866-5500 to see if transcripts have been received.
In order for your college transcripts to be evaluated, you must be an accepted student. It is the student's responsibility to follow up with Student Records for transfer credit. If you have a question regarding your transfer credits, please visit the following link: https://www.waketech.edu/student-services/registration-and-records/registration/transfer-credit
- Apply for Financial Aid and Veterans benefits. Students applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit all supporting documents to make sure their request can be processed in time for the start of the semester. Be sure to include the Wake Tech school code: 004844.
- Once all admissions requirements have been met, submit a Satisfaction of Admissions Requirements application to be considered eligible for the PHM program. Please email your filled clinical application to the Perry Health Sciences Campus Admissions and Academic advisors at [email protected]. The clinical application deadline is May 15 for Fall entry.
- Admission into PHM classes is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Student must be 18 years of age at the start of the second semester of PHM classes.
- Health Form: Clinical sites require current health records on all students. The Wake Tech form requires a physical exam and immunization records; more information is provided at the orientation session. Students may need additional vaccinations or medical tests as well as a physical exam.
- Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening*: Clinical sites also require criminal background checks on all students. Wake Tech has arranged with an agency to conduct these checks. More information is provided at the orientation session.
- Provide documentation of healthcare provider CPR certification.
- Comply with the Technical Standards outlined for the Pharmacy Technology program.
- CPR certification can be obtained through Wake Tech. CPR Class Information
- Provide documentation of health insurance
- Once admitted into the Pharmacy Technology classes, students are required to attend a mandatory departmental orientation and complete all clinical site requirements.
Students must be accepted into the Pharmacy Technology program to register for PHM courses.
*Information obtained from the criminal background checks and drug screenings could jeopardize the students' ability to participate in clinical experiences, to complete the program, and to be certified, registered and employed as a pharmacy technician.
**Any student that has not met all requirements WILL NOT be allowed to attend clinical courses and cannot advance in the program.
Note: Wake Tech Community College is continuously evaluating admissions procedures and reserves the right to make changes as necessary.