Considering a part-time instructional role at Wake Tech?
Would you like to gain real insight into community colleges, community college students and the role of a community college instructor? If so, please view the information on our Workforce Continuing Education Course: An Introduction to the Basics of Community College Instruction" which will be offered fully online at various times throughout the year.
- Provides effective instruction in assigned courses on a part-time, temporary basis
What an Adjunct Does:
- Prepares instruction that reflects appropriate learning objectives
- Uses formative and summative assessment techniques to improve learning and teaching
- Constructs classroom materials that support the goals of the course
- Prepares thoroughly for each instructional hour
- Instructs and guides the class in an efficient and effective manner
- Designs curriculum and a schedule of instruction
- Maintains communication with course committee instructors and participates in instructional discussions
- Uses course materials such as: Blackboard, Moodle, WebAssign, MS Office, Course Compass, and Internet applications effectively
- Remains up-to-date on technology and methods of teaching with technology
- Maintains accurate records of student work and attendance
- Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment
- Grades and returns student work in a timely manner
- Counsels students regarding their grades and progress in the course
- Attends professional development opportunities to equal 6 hours per semester
- Supports the Department, Division, and College goals, providing requested data in a timely manner
Minimum Requirements and Preferences:
- Will vary depending on discipline - see the individual job descriptions for more details
How To Apply:
- Go to the Job Listings website.
- Click "Adjunct (Part-Time Teaching) Positions" to view the full list of openings.
- Click "View" for the job description you wish to expand.