- Unofficial transcripts may be photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”
- Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. Printouts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, name of the graduate, and confer date.
- If you do not have a college degree, you must submit high school or GED transcripts showing that you have graduated.
- After you have been hired, you must request official transcripts or foreign degree evaluations, pay any fees required by the issuing institution(s), and have them mailed directly from the issuing institution to Wake Tech’s Human Resources Department.
- You have 30 days from your hire date to make transcripts or degree evaluations available to Human Resources.
- To qualify as official, transcripts should be "Issued to Wake Technical Community College" or to any Wake Tech official authorized to accept transcripts. Transcripts may not read “Issued to Student” and may not be hand-delivered by the applicant, even if sealed.
- A foreign degree evaluation or photocopy of one is acceptable as official if it is issued by an accredited agency (see list below).
Agencies Issuing Transcripts and Degree Evaluations
Wake Tech accepts transcripts only from institutions accredited by one of the following:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSA)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Western Association of Schools and Colleges
- Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-Sr)
- Western Association of Schools & Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges & Universities (WASC)
- Western Association of Schools & Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community & Junior Colleges (WASCACCJC)
Wake Tech accepts foreign degree evaluations only from the following:
- A2Z Evaluations, LLC, Phone: (530) 400-9266, Web: www.a2zeval.com
- Academic Evaluation Services, Inc., Phone: (813) 374-2020, Web: http://aes-edu.org
- Center for Applied Research, Evaluation, & Education, Inc., Phone: (714) 237-9272, Web: www.iescaree.com
- e-ValReports, Phone: (206) 257-4249, Web: www.evalreports.com
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc., Phone: (414) 289-3400, Web: www.ece.org
- Educational Perspectives, nfp., Phone: (312) 421-9300, Web: www.edperspective.org
- Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc., Phone: (916) 921-0790, Web: www.eres.com
- Evaluation Service, Inc., Phone: (847) 477-8569, Web: www.evaluationservice.net
- Foreign Academic Credential Service, Inc., Phone: (618) 656-5291, Web: https://facsusa.com
- Foundation for International Services, Inc., Phone: (425) 248-2255, Web: www.fis-web.com
- Global Credential Evaluators, Inc., Phone: (800) 707-0979, Web: http://gceus.com
- Global Services Associates, Inc., Phone: (310) 828-5709, Web: www.globaleval.org
- International Academic Credential Evaluators, Inc., Phone: (940) 383-7498, Web: www.iacei.net
- International Consultants of Delaware, Inc., Phone: (215) 243-5858, Web: www.icdeval.com
- International Education Research Foundation, Inc., Phone: (310) 258-9451, Web: www.ierf.org
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., Phone: (305) 273-1616, Web: www.jsilny.com
- SpanTran: The Evaluation Company, Phone: (646)475-2570, Web: www.spantran.com
- Transcript Research, Phone: (214) 810-1124, Web: https://transcriptresearch.com
- World Education Services, Inc., Phone: (212) 966-6311, Web: www.wes.org
Faculty/Adjunct Faculty Applicants:
Submit unofficial transcripts from every undergraduate or graduate institution from which you have earned a degree and any non-degree transcripts appropriate to the subject area you plan to teach.
You must make your unofficial transcripts or foreign degree evaluations available to Human Resources before being invited for an interview.
If your highest degree in the subject you plan to teach at Wake Tech is from an institution outside the United States, you must submit a foreign degree evaluation for that degree prior to being considered for an interview.
If your highest degree in the subject you plan to teach at Wake Tech is from a U.S. institution, a foreign evaluation of any lower-level degrees from foreign institutions is not required unless needed to set pay level.
Submit unofficial transcripts from every undergraduate or graduate institution from which you have earned a degree.
You must make your unofficial transcripts or foreign degree evaluations available to Human Resources before your interview takes place.
If you have questions, contact the Human Resources Helpdesk at 919-866-7890.