“The Nest” Food Pantry
The Nest Food Pantry opened in 2014 to assist Wake Tech students impacted by food insecurity and hunger. Food Insecurity - Limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or limited or uncertain ability to acquire foods in socially acceptable ways. This is a condition that results from lack of money and other resources for food. Hunger - An individual-level, physiological condition that may result from food insecurity...The potential consequence of prolonged, involuntary lack of food, resulting in discomfort, illness, weakness, or pain that goes beyond the usual uneasy sensation. –(USDA)
Ways to Donate:
- Sponsor-A-Shelf – Wake Tech offices, departments and divisions, classes can choose to specific shelf in the pantry and collect items and donate them to the pantry.
- Individual donations can be dropped off any time in collections bins:
- Southern Wake (Main) Campus SSB Lobby
- North Campus Building B Student Lounge
- Perry Health Sciences Campus Health Sciences 2
- Starch: boxed potatoes, noodles, mac & cheese, pasta meals, rice (brown, white, flavored), Quinoa, corn mix, etc.
- Fruit: canned all varieties, juice and jellies
- Vegetables: canned all varieties
- Breakfast: cold cereal, hot cereal, breakfast bars, breakfast drinks
- Soups: canned - all varieties
- Protein: canned chicken, salmon, peanut butter, beans, etc.
For liability purposes we cannot accept expired food. Thanks!
THE NEST HOURS
Southern Wake (Main) Campus (SSB 128)
- Monday: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Tuesday: 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: 10:00am-12:00pm
Northern Wake Campus (NB 137-A)
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Wednesday: 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Thursday: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Friday: Closed
Perry Health Sciences Campus (AHB 209)
- Monday: 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 1:00pm-3:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Friday: Closed
Deliveries will be made on Wednesdays at the following campuses (Please fill out form)
- Western Wake Campus - Delivery to MILL 100
- Public Safety Campus - Delivery to Reception Desk
If you have any questions about donations or becoming a recipient to the food pantry please feel free to contact Mariel Klem any time!