“The Nest” Food Pantry
The Nest Food Pantry opened in 2014 to assist Wake Tech students impacted by food insecurity and hunger. Food Insecurity - Limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or limited or uncertain ability to acquire foods in socially acceptable ways. This is a condition that results from lack of money and other resources for food. Hunger - An individual-level, physiological condition that may result from food insecurity...The potential consequence of prolonged, involuntary lack of food, resulting in discomfort, illness, weakness, or pain that goes beyond the usual uneasy sensation. –(USDA)
The Nest Regular Hours
|Southern Wake Campus (Building L 138)
||Northern Wake Campus (Building B 137-A)
|Perry Health Sciences Campus (Allied Health Building 209)
||RTP Campus (RT1-137)
Outside of Thursday, please visit the Front Desk for assistance at RTP.
|Beltline Education Center (218-B)
To request a food delivery, please fill out the form. Deliveries will be made on the Wednesday after the form is received to the following campuses:
- Western Wake Campus - Delivery to MILL 100
- Public Safety Campus - Delivery to Reception Desk
Ways to Donate:
- Sponsor-A-Shelf – Wake Tech offices, departments and divisions, classes can choose to a specific shelf in the pantry and collect items and donate them to the pantry.
- Individual donations can be dropped off any time in collections bins:
- Southern Wake Campus SSB Lobby
- North Campus Building B Student Lounge
- Perry Health Sciences Campus Health Sciences 2
- Starch: boxed potatoes, noodles, mac & cheese, pasta meals, rice (brown, white, flavored), Quinoa, corn mix, etc.
- Fruit: canned all varieties, juice and jellies
- Vegetables: canned all varieties
- Breakfast: cold cereal, hot cereal, breakfast bars, breakfast drinks
- Soups: canned - all varieties
- Protein: canned chicken, salmon, peanut butter, beans, etc.
For liability purposes, we cannot accept expired food. Thanks!
If you have any questions about donations or becoming a recipient of the food pantry please feel free to contact the SAS office any time!