If you're struggling with a writing assignment or simply want to strengthen your writing, reading and study skills, the ILC Writing/Study Skills Center can help.
Our professional writing tutors help you learn how to do the following:
- Understand an assignment or text
- Brainstorm and plan writing assignments
- Craft a thesis, topic sentences and transitions
- Revise for clarity and organization of ideas
- Improve grammar usage and word choice
- Integrate library resources into research essays
- Understand and correctly document research in your writing
- Prepare effectively for tests and exams
The ILC can support your development as a college-level writer and researcher, enhancing the skills you need for college and for the workforce.
Tutoring is free and available in person on all Wake Tech campuses, as well as online through Microsoft Teams.
Walk-in sessions (no appointment required) are available at the following campuses:
- Southern Wake Campus, Building J, Room 102
- Scott Northern Wake Campus, Building F, Room 463
- Perry Health Sciences Campus, Building E
- RTP Campus, Building 1, Room 209
Students also can schedule appointments at any of those campuses, as well as at Western Wake Campus (second floor inside library):
Southern Wake Campus
Perry Health Sciences Campus
Scott Northern Wake Campus
Western Wake Campus
If you just want to discuss an assignment or writing issue over video, tutors are available for online sessions through Teams.
If you are under quarantine, please use the online services until you have been cleared to return to campus. We have excellent professional tutors waiting to support you.