Frequently Asked Questions
Click on the Question to reveal the Answer.
Testing at another college or university may be possible. Prospective students interested in testing remotely may contact the Testing Center by emailing [email protected]. All requests must be in writing and received at least one week prior to testing. For questions you may call 919-866-5461.
YES. Please schedule a test appointment. The online reservations system will save time and allow you to review testing times and locations. You may also call the Testing Center at 919-866-5461 to schedule an appointment to take the test. A reservation secures a computer for your test. Testing staff will review with you which sections of the ACCUPLACER you will need.
Placement testing is required of all students who do not meet one of the following criteria:
- Graduate of High School within 5 years with GPA and Coursework required for waiver. Check the Guide for High School GPA and Coursework Test Waiver.
- College level English and Math coursework with a grade of "C" or better from a regionally or nationally accredited college.
- COMPASS, ASSET, or ACCUPLACER placement test scores may be considered from another college that are less than five (5) years old.
- SAT scores of 500 or higher in Critical Reading or Writing will waive English placement test. SAT of 500 or higher in Math will waive math placement test.
- ACT scores of 22 or higher in Reading or a 18 or higher in English will waive English placement test. ACT math scores of 22 will waive math placement test.
- All scores must be less than five (5) years old.
You will need a picture ID, and a test permit to take the placement test. You can pick up a test permit on the day you test, at the following locations (by campus):
- Southern Wake (Main) Campus: Student Services Building, Welcome Center
- Northern Wake Campus: Administrative Building - Building C - NC 234
- Perry Health Sciences Campus: HS2 Building, front desk
- Western Wake Campus: room 255