Prospective (New) CCP Students
Prospective (New) Students are defined as any students who have not been admitted into the CCP Program at Wake Tech (this also includes students who may have obtained CCP credits from a separate institution). If you are new to the program and interested in applying/enrolling, review and complete the following steps below. Welcome to CCP @ Wake Tech!
Step 1: Watch Information Session (Click Here) - Highly Recommended
The first step to enrolling in the Career and College Promise program is to watch the Online Information Session. The Online Information Session covers eligibility requirements, the application process, pathway options, and course offerings. The Online Information Session is available to view 24/7. Parents are encouraged to watch with their student(s). Click Step 1: Watch Information Session above to access the Online Information Session.
Step 2: Explore Pathways & Eligibility Requirements
Students are highly recommended to explore the Pathways & Eligibility Requirements. For information on Pathways & Eligibility Requirements, access the following links:
Step 3: Print Enrollment and Eligibility Checklists
- CCP Enrollment & Pathway Eligibility Checklists for New Students
- High School Transcript Checklist (Public/Private/Homeschool)
Special Pathways Checklists (Only for eligible 11th/12th Grade Students)
- Cosmetology Checklist (Fall Term Enrollment Only)
- Medical Assisting Checklist (Fall & Spring Term Enrollment Only)
- Nurse Aide Enrollment Checklist (Fall & Spring Term Enrollment Only)
To begin the application process, see the following below:
WARNING: Review and access the CCP Enrollment & Pathway Eligibility Checklists for New Students and High School Transcript Checklist before proceeding...
CCP Application Form - Spring 2022 Coming Soon!
- Only one submission for this form is allowed (duplicates are not allowed)
- Upon completing the CCP Application Form, students will receive an email from AdobeSign, to sign their application form electronically. Once the student signs electronically via AdobeSign, the student will receive the confirmation email with the Eligibility Verification (EV) Form link.
Eligibility Verification (EV) Form
- The Eligibility Verification (EV) Form link will be located in CCP Application Form Received Confirmation Email
- Attention: Ensure all information and email addresses are correct before submitting! Please refrain from utilizing the autofill feature on your device. WCPSS students can find their correct Principal/Designee email below...
CCP Application Form & EV Form Resources
- CCP AdobeSign Example
- CCP Application Form Received Confirmation Email (Example)
- WCPSS Principal/Designee Emails (WCPSS Students ONLY)
Step 5: Check My Admissions Status (Click Here)
Wake Tech Admissions Services staff is available to assist applicants to check the documentation status of their CCP Application and/or Eligibility Verification (EV) Form. To schedule a virtual appointment to check you status, click "Step 5: Check My Admissions Status" above.
Upon the successful review and processing of application materials by the CCP Team, new students will receive an acceptance letter containing information and instructions on next steps for enrollment which includes Student Key Account Activation. CCP students will use their Wake Tech Student ID # to create their account, not their Social Security Number.
Students who receive notification that their EV Form is deemed "Incomplete" will need to submit the requested documentation to [email protected]. For additional assistance, refer back to Step 5 to schedule an appointment with a CCP Representative.
Newly, admitted CCP students can meet virtually with a CCP advisor upon acceptance into the program. Wake Tech advisors and CCP advisors do not meet with prospective students. To schedule a CCP advising appointment, click "Step 8: Schedule CCP Virtual Advising Appointment" above.
Attention: 9th/10th Grade students who have been approved for a College Transfer Pathway are required to schedule a "Mandatory Academic Advising" Appointment before being cleared to register for courses.
CCP students are only allowed to take courses that are within their approved pathway(s). Students are also relegated to the allotted credits and restrictions within the disciplines. Students can confirm their approved pathway(s) and course schedule by logging into Self-Service or by scheduling a CCP Virtual Advising Appointment.
CCP Registration Resources
- CCP Direct Placement Form
- How to Search and Register for Courses in Self-Service (PDF)
- How to View Course Descriptions
- How to Check Your Class Schedule in WebAdvisor and Self-Service
- NC DPI/Dual Credit Allowance Chart for CCP (2021-2022) *Check with your HS regarding Dual Credit
- How to Grant Parental Access (FERPA) *When logged into WebAdvisor to grant parental access, complete the following steps below...
- Click Current Curriculum Students (Credit)
- Click Parent/Guardian/Spouse Access
- Complete Step 1: Add Parent/Guardian/Spouse
- Complete Step 2: Manage Parent/Guardian/Spouse Access
Students are reminded to check their class schedule near the beginning of the start of courses. Courses are sometimes closed by the department which could affect your schedule.
NOTE: CCP Office can review and utilize AP Scores (official or unofficial) for registration purposes only. Please submit scores to [email protected] prior to registration to satisfy course prerequisites. Please feel free to submit an official AP Score Report to the Registration and Records Office to be evaluated for college credit.
Registration Dates & Deadlines
- October 1: Spring Enrollment Cycle Begins
- October 20: Spring Schedule Available
- November 1: CCP Self-Registration Begins
- November 15: CCP Application Form Deadline
- December 5: CCP Self-Registration Deadline
Obtain Wake Tech ID & Parking Decal
Students will need a WTCC Student ID Card even if they are an online student. For more information, visit Wake Tech ID Badges & Parking Decal.
Purchase Textbooks/Supplies/Course Materials
Career and College Promise (CCP) is a tuition free program, but students are responsible for textbooks, supplies, and course related fees. For more information, visit Wake Tech Official Bookstore.
- CCP students are to follow all WTCC Academic Policies and Procedures.
- Review and follow syllabus content provided by instructors
- Individualized Learning Center (ILC) - Free Tutoring Services
- Career Lens Lab - Career Exploration and Assessments
- Disability Support Services (DSS)
- Campus Resources (by Location)