Foreign Language Center
Wake Tech’s Foreign Language Center (FLC) supports curriculum students studying French, or Spanish at Wake Tech. Students must have a current Wake Tech ID to log in and use the FLC.
- One-on-one tutoring
- Handouts and other study materials
Foreign Language instructors are available to assist students.
- Understanding the course content
- Skill building and practice: speaking, listening, reading, writing
- Improving study techniques
Students can complete homework assignments and work on the Supersite with instructor support. Students wishing to access the Supersite should bring their own laptops or tablets. The FLC is not equipped with computers for student use.
Students: Come often! Those who do report greater success in foreign language courses – and with your FLC Frequent User Card, you may earn extra credit!
For more information, contact us at [email protected]
Note: The FLC opens the second week of each semester and closes on the last day of classes. All workshops are first-come, first served. Spaces may be limited.
First Summer Session 2019
May 16 – July 15
Open Tutoring - for Students of Any Level of (Daytime Hours):
Do you have a question about an Assignment or need to revisit a topic with a tutor? Come to Open Tutoring on Tuesdays or Thursdays to get help. Instructors are ready to help students of Spanish at any level:
- Tuesdays @ 11:00-11:50 a.m. with Sra. Church
- Thursdays @ 9:00-9:50 a.m. with Dra. Salazar
- Thursdays @ 11:00-11:50 a.m. with Sra. Kiec
- Thursdays @ 2:00-2:50 p.m. with Dr. Politte
Course-Specific Workshops (Day & Evening Hours):
Each week instructors will offer workshops targeted to specific content and assignments in particular classes. Offerings will be announced weekly.
SPA 211/281 Weekly Workshops:
SPA 112/182 Weekly Workshops:
- Tuesday @ 12:00 p.m. Workshop with Sra. Church
- Wednesday @ 8:30 p.m. Workshop with Sra. Church
- Thursday @ 1:00 p.m. Workshop with Dr. Politte
- Thursday @ 8:30 p.m. Workshop with Dr. Politte
SPA 111/181 Weekly Workshops:
- Monday @ 8:30 p.m. Workshop with Sra. Castellow
- Wednesday @ 8:30 p.m. Workshop with Sra. Kiec
- Thursday @ 10:00 a.m. Workshop with Sra. Kiec
To join online workshops or open tutoring click on the instructor’s name to open the Adobe Connect meeting room.
Supersite technical support (Vista): 800-248-2813
Blackboard and email technical support (Wake Tech): 919-866-7000