- Find the best price available for the item(s) to be ordered
- Check state contract prices
- Search vendors’ websites
- Call vendors for pricing
- Place the order using NC eProcurement
- All vendors must be registered with NC eProcurement, so check their registration. You may need to enter the company name several ways.
- If the vendor is not registered with NC eProcurement, submit a Form 58 along with the vendor's information. The Business Office will assist the vendor with registration.
- Obtain quotes according to established guidelines
- Micro purchases ($1 – $10,000): One quote recommended for purchases up to $5,000; one quote required (no terms and conditions) for purchases between $5,001 and $10,000.
- Small purchases ($10,001 – $25,000): Two quotes required (no terms and conditions).
- Informal purchases ($25,001 – $50,000): Solicitation Request Form or Waiver of Competition with one quote attached; Purchasing will issue a Request for Quote through the state's collaboration tool.
- Formal purchases ($50,001 and up): Solicitation Request Form or Waiver of Competition with one quote attached; Purchasing will issue a formal bid through the state's Sourcing and IPS System.
Employees can learn more about the purchasing process by logging into the Wake Tech portal.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App