Student Advocacy and Support (Formerly Single Stop)
The Office of Student Advocacy and Support (SAS) was designed to address a variety of non-academic barriers that our students are facing often times causing a student to dropout or stop out of school. SAS resources are available to all currently enrolled curriculum students and a limited number of programs are available to the greater Wake Tech and Wake County communities.
Housing, child care, health insurance, legal aid, finances/financial literacy, transportation are the primary areas in which SAS is able to provide information and assistance. Case Managers work to connect students to local resources in the community, in an effort to support students as they can stay focus on their academic goals.
Students can get screened quickly and conveniently for benefits. Staff members assist students in applying for benefits – and follow up to ensure students secure available resources.
- Housing: shelter referrals, long and short term resources
- Food Insecurity: Nest Food Pantry, SNAP program, Community Referrals
- Transportation: Go! Bus pass, Share the Ride NC, WakeTRACS
- Funding: Alexander Fund, Barnes & Noble Book Scholarship, WTCC Scholarships
Hours & Locations
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday: Southern Wake (Main) Campus SSB 137-D
- Tuesday: Southern Wake (Main) Campus SSB 137-D
- Wednesday: Northern Campus Wake (NB 156)
- Thursday: Northern Wake (NB 156)
- Friday: Northern Wake (NB 156)