Student Advocacy and Support
The Office of Student Advocacy and Support (SAS) was designed to address a variety of non-academic barriers that our students are facing often times causing a student to drop out or stop out of school. SAS resources are available to all currently enrolled curriculum students and a limited number of programs are available to the greater Wake Tech and Wake County communities.
Housing, child care, health insurance, legal aid, finances/financial literacy, transportation are the primary areas in which SAS is able to provide information and assistance. SAS staff works to connect students to local resources in the community, in an effort to support students as they can stay focus on their academic goals.
Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment (using the links under 'Hours & Locations' below) and complete an intake form to discuss secure resources that are available in area(s) of need.
- Housing: shelter referrals, long and short-term resources
- Food Insecurity: Nest Food Pantry, SNAP program, Community Referrals
- Transportation: Go! Bus pass, Share the Ride NC
- Funding: Alexander Fund, Barnes & Noble Book Scholarship, WTCC Scholarships
- Search for Community Resources
For assistance please email [email protected] or call 919-866-5066