Nurse Aide II
The Nurse Aide II course provides training in selected advanced NA procedures. Emphasis is placed on sterile techniques, wound and tracheostomy care, respiratory procedures, catheterizations, irrigations, and ostomy care. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate skills necessary to qualify as a Nurse Aide II with NCBON.
NURSE AIDE II CLASS SCHEDULE
Maximum of 10 students. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
Clinical times and locations are subject to change.
January 17, 2018 to June 6, 2018
4:00pm to 9:30pm (Dinner Break 6:30pm to 7:00pm)
Clinical 4/9/18 to 6/4/18
Instructor: S. Dixon
Location: Perry Health Science Campus (AHB 314)
10% Date: 1/29/18
Mandatory Paperwork Deadline: 3/7/18
Mandatory Clinical Prep Date: 3/28/18
Mandatory Scheduled Inclement Weather Makeup
Please read the Nurse Aide II course syllabus before making an appointment to register.
Effective January 26, 2017 all students registering as of this date will be required to submit a Drug Screening ($78) in addtion to the Criminal Background Check ($34) for Nurse Aide II.
Registrations must be made in person at the Perry Health Sciences Campus - 2901 Holston Lane, Raleigh, NC 27610 (AHB/312).
For more information and to schedule an appointment to register:
Registration Fee: $250 due at the time of registration. Payment may be made by personal check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, or cash. You must arrive by 4:00pm to allow time for registration and payment.
Criminal Background Check: $34 Students must complete an on-line criminal background check through First Point at the time of registration. The fee must be paid by a debit, credit or pre-paid card. The cost of the criminal background check is non-refundable.
Urine Drug Screening: $78 Students must order a drug screening at the same time they submit their criminal background check with First Point. The drug screening must be submitted a minimum of 30 days before your class goes to clinical. Please note the clinical dates for your class when you register.The cost of the drug screening is non-refundable.
Nurse Aide II students must provide the following items when registering for the class:
- Proof of high school graduation or GED©, and
- Proof of a current/active Nursing Aide I listing in North Carolina with no substantiated findings
Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening
Clinical facilities require that all Nurse Aide II students submit a criminal background check and urine drug screening. Wake Technical Community College and the clinical facilities have designated First Point as the criminal background check and drug screening provider. Wake Tech will not accept results from any company other than First Point.
Students are responsible for the cost of the criminal background check ($34) and drug screening ($78) and both are non-refundable.
Criminal Background Check
- The criminal background check must be submitted at the time of registration.
- The criminal background check is good for 1 year and must be valid throughout your entire class.
All types of felony or misdemeanor convictions, those that are pending, and questionable histories will be reviewed by the clinical site and admittance into the clinical setting will be determined by the clinical facility.
The clinical facility decision is final.
The following criminal histories will likely disqualify a student from participating in the clinical component:
- Any pending charges
- Convictions/deferred adjudications involving crimes against persons (Physical or sexual abuse, neglect, assault, murder, etc.)
- Convictions related to moral turpitude (prostitution, public lewdness/exposure, etc.)
- Convictions/deferred adjudications related to the sale, possession, distribution, or transfer of narcotics or controlled substances
- Registered sex offenders
Any student with a flagged criminal background check that has been declined by the clinical location will be contacted by a Wake Tech staff member.
The drug screening must be ordered at the time of registration and the urine sample must be submitted a minimum of 30 days before your class goes to clinical. Please note the clinical dates for your class when you register. The drug screening is good for 1 year and must be valid throughout your entire class.
The urine drug screening will test for the following:
Any student with a positive drug screen will be contacted by First Point.
Directions for Submitting and Paying for the Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening:
- On the First Point website (studentscreener.com) after filling in your name and address:
- Under School Information choose Wake Tech/Nurse Aide
- Under Program choose Nurse Aide II
- Submit your information
Enter your payment information (Visa/MasterCard/Money Order), confirm and submit your payment. (Money Orders must be mailed and will delay your confirmation)
Please retain a copy of the order confirmation number for your records as students will need this to complete their registration in WebAdvisor. Please see the registration instructions on the Nurse Aide I Schedules and Registration web page.
Also, print the confirmation receipt for the drug screening order as students must take this to the collection site where they will submit their urine sample.
Students must have the confirmation receipt in order to submit their urine sample at one of the following Approved Drug Screening Collection Sites:
|Affordable On-Sites, Inc.
3209 Guess Road Suite 201
Durham, NC 27705
|919-620-0822||M-F 9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
4020 Wake Forest Road Suite 214
Raleigh, NC 27609
|919-877-1288||M-F 8:30 am - 4:00 pm|
|Advantage Drug Screening
206 New Edition Ct.
Cary, NC 27511
|919-378-9201||M-F 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
**Using unapproved sites will result in additional fees and delay your test results
If you are unable to submit your drug screening at the approved facilities during the times listed above, students must come to a Wake Tech campus listed below to obtain a list of other facilities that have later or Saturday hours, along with a Chain of Custody Form that must be used at these additional facilities.
Please retain a copy of the Order Confirmation Notice and Chain of Custody Form for your records.
The Chain of Custody Form can be picked up at the following locations:
|Perry Health Science Campus||HS2 Front Desk||M-F 8am-6:30pm|
|Public Safety Education Campus||Front Desk||M-F 8am-8pm|
|Northern Wake Campus||Building D Room 230||M-F 8am-10pm and Sat. 8am-5pm|
For additional questions please call 919-747-0120.
Class Withdrawal/Transfer Policy
Students may withdraw and receive:
- A 100% refund if the student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) before the first class meeting.
- A 75% refund if the student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) on or before the 10-percent date of scheduled hours. Community school, facility, and lab fees are non-refundable.
- A full refund for classes canceled by the college. Students do not have to request these refunds.
Transfers are dependent on availability in the new class. In order to withdrawal and receive a refund or transfer to another section, the student must email Mary Frucelli [email protected] the following:
- Full name
- Wake Tech ID#
- Section number of the class
- Home phone number
- Mailing address
Emergency Cancellations and Closings
Wake Technical Community College emergency cancellations and closings are posted on the College web page and messages are on the main phone line 919-866-5000. Current students with a Wake Tech email are automatically registered to receive Wake Tech Warn email alerts from the College emergency alert system. Students can also sign up with Wake Tech Warn to receive phone text messages and voice mail in the event of an emergency or inclement weather situation.
- Nurse Aide classes scheduled in December, January, February and March will have mandatory inclement weather makeup dates built into their class schedules. In the event the College closes and an entire class is missed, mandatory makeup dates will be used in the same order they are listed on the class schedule. The attendance policy for mandatory makeup dates is the same as a regular class date. If closings result in partial hours of class being missed, these hours will be made up by adding hours to existing class dates to make up the time.
- Please regularly check your Wake Tech email or the email address you provided. This is our primary way to contact you about important updates concerning your Nurse Aide class.
- For more information: [email protected]; 919-747-0120
Industry-recognized credential: Nurse Aide ll
Complete in: 6 month or less
Student support services available for qualified students in the Workforce Continuing Education Career Pathways Programs.