Workforce Continuing Education Course Catalog
- An expired North Carolina Nurse Aide I listing with no substantiated findings or a successful completion of a North Carolina Nurse Aide I Program from an accredited institution within the last 5 years.
- A current Nurse Aide I listing from another state with no substantiated findings.
- An expired out-of-state listing with no substantiated findings from an accredited institution or a successful completion of a Nurse Aide I Program from another state from an accredited institution within the last 5 years (NOTE: The student must provide proof that the institution is accredited.)
- Proof of completion of military corpsman training.
- Completion of a RN or above training.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic nursing skills, personal care skills, recognition of mental health and social service needs, care of cognitively impaired residents, basic restorative services, and resident rights.
- Successfully perform all NNAAP skills with 90% proficiency.
- Module E - Resident's Rights
- Module R - Cognitive Changes Due to Aging
- Module S - Psychological Effects of Aging
- Module U - Mental Health and Mental Illness
- NNAAP Skills
- Demonstrate the knowledge through written and skills means, an understanding of the overall requirements to successfully pass the Nurse Aide l competency exam.
2. A current Nurse Aide l listing from another state with no substantiated findings, or
3. Proof of completion of military corpsman training, or
Completion of a RN, LPN, or above training.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Score of 78 or better on written exam
Return demonstration of all NNAAP skills with 90% proficiency