Clinic Patient Information
Have your teeth cleaned and support the Dental Hygiene program!
The Dental Hygiene Clinic accepts patients of all ages beginning with children age 4 and older for cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and radiographs. Patients are screened to determine eligibility and treatment needed. Some patients may not be appropriate for treatment in the clinic, and appointments cannot be guaranteed; availability varies by semester, according to the number of dental hygiene students enrolled.
- Clinic hours change each semester based on scheduled classes
- Treatment is by appointment only
- Screening appointments are usually 1-2 hours long
- Cleanings take 2-5 visits on average; each visit may be 3-4 hours long
- Referrals will be given for additional dental work needed.
Wake Tech Perry Health Sciences Campus
Health Sciences Building- 2nd floor
2901 Holston Lane, Raleigh
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
919-747-0126 Fax: 919-212-3261 [email protected]
Patient Consent, Rights, Responsibilities, Scope of Care
- A document has been created to outline the services provided in the clinic, what can be expected by the patient, and what the patient responsibilities are toward the clinic. The patient will sign a copy of this document, agreeing to the terms, at the first visit to the clinic. The document is attached for review ahead of the first visit.
Read Dental Hygiene Client Document
- Please understand that student clinicians, faculty and staff are not allowed to accept gifts of any kind for services rendered.
- Children/Adolescents 4-17 years of age being treated in the clinic must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who remains in the reception area/clinic at all times.
- Patients are requested not to bring children to appointments unless they are being treated as a patient in the clinic. Children under 15 are not allowed to sit in the reception area or any other area on the Wake Tech Campus unsupervised and may not sit in the clinic while a parent/adult is being treated. Please arrange for childcare while attending appointments.
- It is preferred that parents/legal guardians remain in the reception area while their child is being treated and not remain in the clinic.
Payments and Treatment Fees
- Payment may be made in cash or by check or debit/credit card
- Payment must be made prior to any services being rendered in the clinic
- Patients with dental insurance are responsible for filing their own insurance claims
Dental Hygiene Clinic Patient Treatment Fees
Wake Tech Code
|Wake Tech Fee||
|SCRN||DH Screening for Case Classification||NC||NC|
|D0210||Intraoral – FMX (includes bitewings)||$15||$146.83|
|D0220||Intraoral – Periapical X-Ray first image||$1||$29.33|
|D0230||Intraoral – Periapical X-Ray each additional image||$1||$27.33|
|D0270||Bitewing – Single Image||$1||$20.80|
|D0272||Bitewings – 2 Image Set||$2||$47.50|
|D0274||Bitewings – 4 Image Set||$5||$67.83|
|D0277||Vertical Bitewings – 4-7 Image Set||$5||$121.00|
|D0350||Oral/Facial Photographic Images (Intraoral Camera)||NC||$63.50|
|Comp 1 - 7 (exam fee)||DH Assessment = HHX + EOIO + OCCLUSION + CHART + PERIO CHARTING/DESCRIPTION, CALCULUS DETECTION||NC||$88.00|
|D1330||Oral Hygiene Instruction||NC||$54.00|
|D9931||Cleaning Removable Appliance [partial/ denture/ orthodontic appl/ night guard]||NC||NC|
|Alginate||Alginate Impressions for Study Models||NC||NC|
|D0470||Study Models – diagnostic casts||NC||$131.33|
|Model||Present Study Models||NC||NC|
|USONIC||Ultrasonic Scaler Used||NC||NC|
|D1110||Prophylaxis-ADULT without fluoride||$20||$89.50|
|D1120||Prophylaxis-CHILD without fluoride||$15||$67.67|
|D4341||Perio Scaling and Root Planing per quad List Quad(s):
All 4 quads = $20
|D4342||Perio Scaling and Root Planing limited quad = 1-3 teeth List Quad(s):||$3||$163.20|
|D4930||Re-Evaluation of Perio Services (4-6 week check)||NC||$123.00|
|Air Polish||Air Abrasive Polishing||NC||NC|
|D1203||Fluoride without Prophylaxis – Child||NC||$42.50|
|D1204||Fluoride without Prophylaxis – Adult||NC||$44.00|
|D1206||Topical Fluoride Varnish||NC||$40.17|
|D1351||Sealant per Tooth||$2 ea||$56.33|
Typical Fee information obtained from Raleigh-Durham area dental offices and an average fee noted; not all offices charge for procedures - NC = no charge; averages are taken for offices that do charge per procedure. Treatment Cases That Will Be Offered a Discount for Any/All Treatment in the Wake Tech Dental Hygiene Clinic
|Wake Tech Active Students||100%
|Students actively enrolled during the semester of treatment|
|Wake Tech Dental Hygiene Graduates||50%||Graduate from Wake Tech dental hygiene program|
|Wake Tech Active Employees, Faculty and Staff||50%||He/she needs to show Wake Tech ID card to authorize a discount|
|Active, Reserve, Retired Military Personnel, and their Dependents||50%||He/she needs to show a military ID card to authorize a discount|