Clinic Patient Information
Support the Dental Hygiene program!
Wake Tech's Dental Hygiene Clinic provides cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants, and x-rays for all patients ages four and older. Patients are screened for eligibility and treatment needed; some patients may need treatment that the clinic cannot provide.
Availability of services depends on the number of dental hygiene students in the program in a given semester, and clinic hours change according to student schedules.
- Treatment is by appointment only
- Screening appointments take 1-2 hours
- Cleanings take 2-5 visits of 3-4 hours each
- Referrals are given if additional dental work is required
- Adult patients are asked not to bring children to appointments who are not receiving treatment. Children under 15 years of age are not allowed on Wake Tech campuses unsupervised and may not sit in the clinic or reception area while a parent/adult is being treated.
- Children and adolescent patients 4-17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who remains in the clinic reception area at all times.
At the first clinic visit, patients will be given a form to sign that outlines clinic services, what patients can expect, and what their rights and responsibilities are. See form, below.
The Dental Hygiene Clinic is located on:
Wake Tech's Perry Health Sciences Campus
Building B - 2nd floor
2901 Holston Lane, Raleigh
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call 919-747-0126 or contact the clinic at [email protected]. (Fax: 919-747-0160)
Payment and Treatment Fees
- Payment may be made before services can be provided, in cash or by check or debit/credit card
- Patients with dental insurance are responsible for filing their own insurance claims
- Please note that student clinicians, faculty and staff are not allowed to accept gifts of any kind for services rendered.
Dental Hygiene Clinic Fees
Wake Tech Code
|Wake Tech Fee||
|SCRN||DH Screening for Case Classification||NC||NC|
|D0210||Intraoral – FMX (includes bitewings)||$15||$146.83|
|D0220||Intraoral – Periapical X-Ray first image||$1||$29.33|
|D0230||Intraoral – Periapical X-Ray each additional image||$1||$27.33|
|D0270||Bitewing – Single Image||$1||$20.80|
|D0272||Bitewings – 2 Image Set||$2||$47.50|
|D0274||Bitewings – 4 Image Set||$5||$67.83|
|D0277||Vertical Bitewings – 4-7 Image Set||$5||$121.00|
|D0350||Oral/Facial Photographic Images (Intraoral Camera)||NC||$63.50|
|Comp 1 - 7 (exam fee)||DH Assessment = HHX + EOIO + OCCLUSION + CHART + PERIO CHARTING/DESCRIPTION, CALCULUS DETECTION||NC||$88.00|
|D1330||Oral Hygiene Instruction||NC||$54.00|
|D9931||Cleaning Removable Appliance [partial/ denture/ orthodontic appl/ night guard]||NC||NC|
|Alginate||Alginate Impressions for Study Models||NC||NC|
|D0470||Study Models – diagnostic casts||NC||$131.33|
|Model||Present Study Models||NC||NC|
|USONIC||Ultrasonic Scaler Used||NC||NC|
|D1110||Prophylaxis-ADULT without fluoride||$20||$89.50|
|D1120||Prophylaxis-CHILD without fluoride||$15||$67.67|
|D4341||Perio Scaling and Root Planing per quad List Quad(s):
All 4 quads = $20
|D4342||Perio Scaling and Root Planing limited quad = 1-3 teeth List Quad(s):||$3||$163.20|
|D4930||Re-Evaluation of Perio Services (4-6 week check)||NC||$123.00|
|Air Polish||Air Abrasive Polishing||NC||NC|
|D1203||Fluoride without Prophylaxis – Child||NC||$42.50|
|D1204||Fluoride without Prophylaxis – Adult||NC||$44.00|
|D1206||Topical Fluoride Varnish||NC||$40.17|
|D1351||Sealant per Tooth||$2 ea||$56.33|
Typical fees obtained from Raleigh-Durham area dental offices and average fees given. NC = no charge; not all offices charge for procedures; averages per procedure calculated for offices that charge.
|Wake Tech Active Students||100%
|Students actively enrolled during the semester of treatment|
|Wake Tech Dental Hygiene Program Graduates||50%||Graduate of Wake Tech Dental Hygiene program|
|Wake Tech Active Employees, Faculty and Staff||50%||Wake Tech ID required|
|Active, Reserve, Retired Military Personnel, and their Dependents||50%||Military ID required|