The Scott Presidential Scholars Program
The Stephen C. Scott Presidential Scholars Program is a merit-based scholarship program designed to provide full-time Wake Tech students with an opportunity to pursue studies at Wake Tech and participate in a leadership development program. The program is named after current president Dr. Stephen C. Scott and reflects the values he has instilled in the college through his leadership.
The scholarship was started by Mark and Rachel Selisker with a $25,000 endowment fund. Rachel Selisker is a Wake Tech graduate and a member of the Wake Tech Foundation board. The program’s goal is to raise $1,000,000 to support the participation of four Scott Scholars every academic year.
What are the benefits of being a Scott Scholar
Each Scott Scholar will receive the following:
- A scholarship valued at up to $3,500 per year to cover the cost of tuition, fees, and books
- A college-issued laptop to use while enrolled at Wake Tech and participating in the Scott Scholars program
- A mentor – a senior-level administrator at Wake Tech who will serve as an advocate for the student, providing guidance and opportunities for leadership development
- A summer internship placement in a non-profit community organization, offering opportunities to engage in service leadership as well as learn about local service providers
- An opportunity to participate in a student-focused leadership development program during the academic year
- A one-on-one meeting with President Scott twice each year to discuss leadership, vision, and community and provide feedback about the program. Each student will finish the year by making a capstone presentation to the president, highlighting the value of the Scott Scholars experience and outlining his or her vision for the future.
- Opportunities to participate in special events and projects as designated by the program administrator
Who is Eligible?
- Current Wake Tech students with 12 hours of college-level class work completed
- Students having an unweighted GPA of 3.30 or higher and significant accomplishments and achievements
- Students who have demonstrated community service work
- Students who have demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
What is the Application Process?
Applications are accepted once a year, March 1 - April 30 for the upcoming academic year. To apply:
- Go to https://www.waketech.edu/wake-tech-foundation/scholarships/scholarship-guidelines
- Review the guidelines and click the APPLY NOW link at the bottom of the page.
- Login using your Wake Tech student credentials and complete the General Application.
- Click on the green arrow then click ‘Apply’.
(Note: The green arrow will only appear if you meet the minimum criteria of 12+ hours of college-level class work completed and an unweighted GPA of 3.30 or higher.)
- Complete the Supplemental Questions and submit two letters of recommendation by the April 30th deadline.