Wake Tech is committed to making sure students are civically minded and strives to ensure students are afforded every opportunity to become involved in local, regional, statewide and national elections through voter registration. Wake Tech annually provides voter registration information on Constitution Day in September and during Fall Fest in mid-October. Students also can access voter registration events through XTRA.waketech.edu.
Wake Tech welcomes nonpartisan community civic groups to campus to help students register to vote. The proper documentation must be filed with the Campus Police Department prior to arrival. Wake Tech does not endorse candidates, take political stands or endorse or oppose legislation.
For more information on voter registration drives at Wake Tech, contact Dean of Student Conduct and Compliance Jonathan A. Wirt at 919-532-5663 or [email protected].
North Carolina State Board of Elections voter information
- Voter registration deadline and how to register
- Voting and coronavirus concerns
- Absentee and early voting details, sample ballots
- Guide for college students voting
Wake County Board of Elections information
Other voting resources
- League of Women Voters of North Carolina
- U.S. Department of Justice voting rights hotline: 800-253-3931
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App