Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Example offsite courses include yoga, dance, Spanish, and scrapbooking. One must register at the specific senior center for these courses and to see the list of classes available.
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- learn the interrelated aspects of our world. Context to events and the times in which they occurred will be explained. Participants will be able to assess current events
- 1950-1959: Korean War, Color TV, 22d Amendment Limits President terms, First H-Bomb, Iron Curtain, DNA structure discovered, Polio vaccine, Einstein dies, National Guard in Little Rock, First US satellite, and Castro Cuba.
- 1960-1969: JFK elected, Berlin Wall, Humans in space, Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK assassinated, Dr Strangelove, First spacewalk, Artificial heart, Heart transplant, Moon orbited, Vietnam War, and Walking on the Moon.
- 1970-1979 Gene synthesis, First space station, “stone-age” tribe discovered, Watergate, US – USSR space craft link-up, Concorde jet, Star Wars, DOE established, First “test-tube-baby,” CDs, and Islamic Revolution
- 1980-1989: Rings of Saturn close-up, First AIDS in NYC, Falkland Island War, Flight 269 shot by Soviets, Union-Carbide Bhopal poisoning, Challenger explodes on launch, Another Stock Market crash, and DNA fingerprint.
- 1990-1999: Internet born, Gulf War, Micro devices, Digital TV, Mass produced electric cars, Digital cameras, Hong Kong returned to China, First GMO corn, Cloning sheep, Euro born.
- Attendance 90% or above