Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- learn the interrelated aspects of our world. Context to events and the times in which they occurred will be explained. Participants will be able to assess current events
- 1950-1959: Korean War, Color TV, 22d Amendment Limits President terms, First H-Bomb, Iron Curtain, DNA structure discovered, Polio vaccine, Einstein dies, National Guard in Little Rock, First US satellite, and Castro Cuba.
- 1960-1969: JFK elected, Berlin Wall, Humans in space, Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK assassinated, Dr Strangelove, First spacewalk, Artificial heart, Heart transplant, Moon orbited, Vietnam War, and Walking on the Moon.
- 1970-1979 Gene synthesis, First space station, “stone-age” tribe discovered, Watergate, US – USSR space craft link-up, Concorde jet, Star Wars, DOE established, First “test-tube-baby,” CDs, and Islamic Revolution
- 1980-1989: Rings of Saturn close-up, First AIDS in NYC, Falkland Island War, Flight 269 shot by Soviets, Union-Carbide Bhopal poisoning, Challenger explodes on launch, Another Stock Market crash, and DNA fingerprint.
- 1990-1999: Internet born, Gulf War, Micro devices, Digital TV, Mass produced electric cars, Digital cameras, Hong Kong returned to China, First GMO corn, Cloning sheep, Euro born.
- Attendance 90% or above