Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
2019 Plus 50 Expo
Thank you for making this year's event a success!
Plus 50 Sites and Programs
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County:
|Apex Community Center||919-249-3402||53 Hunter St, Apex, NC 27502|
|Cary Senior Center||919-469-4061||120 Maury Odell Pl, Cary, NC 27513|
|Cedar Fork Community Center||919-463-7100||1050 Town Hall Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560|
|Eastern Wake Senior Center||919-365-4248||323 Lake Drive Wendell, NC 27591|
|Garner Senior Center||919-779-0122||205 E Garner Rd, Garner, NC 27529|
|Knightdale Recreation Center||919-217-2232||101 Lawson Ridge Rd. Knightdale, NC 27545|
|Northern Wake Senior Center||919-554-4111||235 E Holding Ave, Wake Forest, NC 27587|
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- learn the interrelated aspects of our world. Context to events and the times in which they occurred will be explained. Participants will be able to assess current events
- 1950-1959: Korean War, Color TV, 22d Amendment Limits President terms, First H-Bomb, Iron Curtain, DNA structure discovered, Polio vaccine, Einstein dies, National Guard in Little Rock, First US satellite, and Castro Cuba.
- 1960-1969: JFK elected, Berlin Wall, Humans in space, Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK assassinated, Dr Strangelove, First spacewalk, Artificial heart, Heart transplant, Moon orbited, Vietnam War, and Walking on the Moon.
- 1970-1979 Gene synthesis, First space station, “stone-age” tribe discovered, Watergate, US – USSR space craft link-up, Concorde jet, Star Wars, DOE established, First “test-tube-baby,” CDs, and Islamic Revolution
- 1980-1989: Rings of Saturn close-up, First AIDS in NYC, Falkland Island War, Flight 269 shot by Soviets, Union-Carbide Bhopal poisoning, Challenger explodes on launch, Another Stock Market crash, and DNA fingerprint.
- 1990-1999: Internet born, Gulf War, Micro devices, Digital TV, Mass produced electric cars, Digital cameras, Hong Kong returned to China, First GMO corn, Cloning sheep, Euro born.
- Attendance 90% or above