Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address the current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- learn the definition of leadership;
- learn leadership styles;
- learn the benefits of effective leadership in the workplace;
- complete a leadership assessment;
- identify personal leadership strengths and weaknesses;
- understand how personality types impact leadership styles;
- learn the pros and cons of each leadership style;
- learn the characteristics and skills of successful leaders;
- learn ways to improve leadership skills in the workplace;
- learn the differences between leaders and managers;
- learn how to handle leadership challenges;
- learn how to craft a compelling leadership narrative on a resume;
- learn how to effectively address and respond to interview questions regarding leadership skills and experience;
- learn how to utilize and showcase your leadership skills during networking events.
- Leadership Introduction
- Personality Type and Leadership Style
- Skills, Abilities and Qualities of Great Leadership
- Handling Leadership Challenges
- Leadership Skills and Your Resume
- Leadership Skills and the Interview
- Leadership and Networking
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students are expected to complete all Moodle assignments in order to obtain a certificate.
- Professional Presentations for Gaining and Maintaining Employment - HRD-3001CA2
- Craft a Resume That Generates Employer Interest - HRD-3001BZ2
- Resume to the Interview and the Steps In-Between - HRD-3001BD2
- Career Transitions Forum: Lecture Series for Business Professionals - HRD-3006X2
- Prepare to Ace the Interview - HRD-3001BU2