Northern Wake Campus
|6600 Louisburg Road
Raleigh, NC 27616
Map & Directions
|Apply Online Conference Services|
Wake Tech’s Northern Wake Campus opened in 2007 and serves students from Wake Forest, Rolesville, Knightdale, Wendell, and points north. The 127-acre campus offers a robust College/University Transfer program as well as an Associate in Fine Arts degree program. It offers a wide variety of Workforce Continuing Education (non-credit) classes including computer skills, Certified Nursing Assistant, and Human Resources Development. The campus is home to Wake Tech’s Corporate Solutions division, which provides customized training for businesses. The campus also offers classes for students in the Wake Early College of Health and Sciences, a partnership with Wake County Public Schools. The Northern Wake Campus has the distinction of being the first college or university campus in the U.S. where all buildings are LEED®-certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- All buildings are LEED-certified (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) by the U.S. Green Building Council. Northern Wake Campus was the first college campus in the U.S. to earn this distinction.
- Buildings and grounds are designed to conserve energy, with daylight harvesting, drought-resistant landscaping, and other features.
- State-of-the-art technology, including “smart” classrooms that provide instant access to instructional resources
- A 300-seat lecture and performance hall
- Laboratories for nursing assistant instruction
All Wake Tech Campuses feature a library and study areas; an ILC Tutoring Center (ILC) for reading, writing, and math tutoring; wireless internet access; a photo ID office; and support services that include admissions, advising, career counseling, disability support, and financial aid. [Academic Success Presentation...]
In addition to these services, the Northern Wake Campus offers a bookstore, a STEM Center, open computer labs, a distance education testing center, Student Success Counselors, chemistry and biology labs, music practice rooms, student dining options, and tennis and volleyball courts.