Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address the current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have explored self-assessment tools to determine career interest;
- have identified the different aspects of HR and Human Resource Assistant positions, titles, roles, skills and salary ranges;
- have learned to assess the culture and work environment of an organization;
- have gained understanding of how to recruit, select and hire employees;
- have learned the value of utilizing technology in Human Resource (HR) occupations;
- have learned the importance of communicating effectively in an HR position;
- have explored various strategies for effective training and development sessions;
- have reviewed samples of employment law and ethics critical to the HR industry;
- have evaluated employee retention, appreciation and termination strategies;
- have learned the different resources available for further education and career opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration and Assessing Skills and Interests
- Module 2 - Organizational Culture, and Work Environment
- Module 3 - Recruitment, Selection and Hiring, Resume Review, Mock Interviews
- Module 4 - Communication - verbal, written, and technology
- Module 5 - Training and Development
- Module 6 - Employment Law and Ethics
- Module 7 - Employee Life Cycle
- Module 8 - Evaluate Labor Market and Trends, Career Search and Educational Opportunities
- Attendance 90% or above
- Participate in all discussions and activities, maintain overall class average of 80 percent, and submit all assignments.
- Fundamentals of Human Resources Management - MLS-3809E1
- Employment Law for Human Resource Professionals - MLS-3809D3