Skills Training for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Market Yourself, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have learned about careers in landscaping, grounds keeping, gardening, and nurseries;
- have identified personal traits, skills, and abilities necessary for success in these careers;
- have basic knowledge of traditional, sustainable, and organic gardening;
- have identified common tools and usage of tools for gardening;
- have increased basic knowledge of seasonal environmental influences in horticulture;
- have gained understanding of pathways to additional training that focus on organic and sustainable gardening, and how to become a master gardener;
- have researched gardening careers, trends, and salary ranges;
- have learned how to search and apply for jobs online and in the field;
- have obtained resources to develop an appropriate resume, application, and cover letter.
- Module 1: Registration, Course Overview, Self Assessment
- Module 2: Career Exploration: Landscaping, Grounds Keeping, Gardening, and Nurseries
- Module 3: Gardening Methods Overview: Traditional, Sustainable, and Organic
- Module 4: Basic Gardening Vocabulary, Tools, and Techniques
- Module 5: Seasonal Influences in Horticulture
- Module 6: Pathways to Additional Training: Organic and Sustainable Gardening, Master Gardener
- Module 7: Occupational Trends, Salary Ranges, Education, and Job Opportunities
- Module 8: Job Search Skills: Resume and Application Guidelines and Resources
- Module 9: Student Presentations
- Attendance 90% or above
- Requirements for successful completion of the course: Participate in all discussions and activities; submit all assignments; and maintain overall class average of 80 percent.
- Career Exploration: Discover the Career Field That's Right for You - HRD-3004BL2