Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have identified high-skill, high-demand occupations within the IT and Cyber Security fields;
- have researched the work environment, knowledge, and skills required in occupations of interest;
- have documented salaries, job outlook, and educational requirements for occupations of interest;
- have charted a plan to prepare for entry into career and occupations of interest;
- have explored resources for finding future job opportunities within their career plan.
- Module 1: Introduce IT career field and potential career paths; identify online tools for learning about occupations; complete self-assessments.
- Module 2: Research 4 Occupations (Example: Computer User Support Specialist, Computer Network Support Specialist, Network and Computer Systems Administrator, and Computer Network Architect)
- Module 3: Research 3 Occupations (Example: Computer and Information Systems Manager, Computer Systems Analyst, and Information Security Analyst); determine occupations that align with personal interests.
- Module 4: Create a plan to enter IT and/or Cybersecurity field in career path of interest; identify and explore resources for finding future job opportunities.
- Attendance 90% or above
- IT Industry
- Cyber Security
- Career Seeking Skills for the IT Industry - HRD-3004AY2
- Employability Skills - HRD-3001A4
- Energize Your Job Search - HRD-3001AD2