Nurse Aide I Refresher
This Nurse Aide I Refresher course consists of a brief review of the Nurse Aide I curriculum and the competency exam required for listing as a Nurse Aide I with the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Nurse Aide I Refresher registration
- Maximum of 11 students, filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Program fees
- Registration fee of $150 is due at the time of registration (MasterCard or Visa).
- No criminal background check is required.
- Nurse Aide I Refresher students do not need to have a Wake Tech ID because they do not go to clinical.
- Tuition for Nurse Aide I Refresher students includes a Campus Access Fee.
- Students can obtain their parking decal at any campus.
Proof of one of the following items must be submitted to the instructor on the first day of class:
- An expired North Carolina Nurse Aide I listing with no substantiated findings or a successful completion of a Nurse Aide I program from an accredited institution in North Carolina within the last five years
- A current Nurse Aide I listing from another state with no substantiated findings
- An expired out-of-state listing with no substantiated findings or a successful completion of a Nurse Aide I program from an accredited institution in another state within the last five years
- Proof of completion of military corpsman training
- Completion of an RN or above training
The following items also must be presented to the instructor on the first day of class:
- Copy of driver's license or legal photo ID
- Copy of Social Security card (name on Social Security card and driver's license must match)
- Copy of name change documentation, if listed on Nurse Aide I registry under a different name
Students must pass a written exam with a score of 78 or better. A copy of a practice exam to review before the first day of class is available on the Credentia: Nurse Aide Credentialing Services website and in the candidate handbook.
Class withdrawal/transfer policy
- A 100% refund will be given if a student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) before the first class meeting.
- A 75% refund will be given if a student officially withdraws from the class (by written request) on or before the 10% date of scheduled hours. Community school, facility and lab fees are non-refundable.
- A full refund will be given for classes canceled by the college. Students do not have to request these refunds.
To submit a withdrawal request, log in to Wake Tech's website.
Transfers are dependent on availability in the new class. In order to transfer to another section, the student must email [email protected] the following information:
- Your full name
- Wake Tech ID #
- Section number of the class
- Phone number
- Mailing address
Learn more about Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education class refund policy.
Wake Tech emergency cancellations and closings are posted on the college website, and messages are on the main phone line (919-866-5000). Current students with a Wake Tech email are automatically registered to receive Wake Tech WARN email alerts from the college emergency alert system. Students can also sign up with Wake Tech WARN to receive phone text messages and voice mail in the event of an emergency or inclement weather situation.
Nurse Aide classes scheduled August through March will have inclement weather make-up dates built into their class schedules. In the event the college closes and an entire lab or clinical class day is missed, make-up dates will be used in the same order they are listed on the class schedule. If closings result in partial lab or clinical hours missed, these hours will be made up by adding hours to existing class dates to make up the time. Totally seated classes that miss lecture hours due to any college closing will make up the hours online. If a totally seated or hybrid class misses a test due to any college closing, the test will be moved to the next seated class day. The attendance policy for make-up dates is the same as a regular class date.
For more information, email [email protected] or call 919-747-0120.
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App