Small Business Center Training and Events
From one hour to 10 weeks, the Small Business Center offers small-business training to help you start and build your business.
One- to three-hour webinars covering common business topics, offered by Wake Tech's Small Business Center and the Small Business Center Network of North Carolina.
Free, community-based entrepreneurship programs offered in the Fall and Spring semesters that include curriculum training, mentoring, networking and access to capital. Application required.
Wake Tech student-focused entrepreneurship programs for degree and non-degree students.
This training and pitch competition is for student entrepreneurs and small-business owners in Wake County, aimed at accelerating business growth.
An eight-week, fee-based training program offered each Spring semester for established small-business owners who want to sell goods and services to public entities.
This program provides affordable retail space in downtown Raleigh and small-business counseling to participating minority- and women-owned businesses.
Course details and registration information
Wake Tech also offers a number of courses on starting a new business.
- Learn what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.
- Understand how to conduct market research and test the feasibility of a business or idea.
- Learn how to write a good business plan that contains all of the necessary elements.
- Learn how to market and fund a business.
- Understand what local and national resources are available to help build and manage a successful business.
- Assess your own ability as an entrepreneur.
- Evaluate the feasibility of your business idea.
- Align personal goals with your business idea.
- Create organizing and marketing strategies.
- Explore pricing for your product or service.
- Develop capital needs & sound financial statements.
- Research, develop, and write a comprehensive plan for your business.
Comfortable using the internet.
Easy access to a computer.
- Attendance 80% or above
We also can provide half- to full-day events focused on small-business training. Here are some examples of intensive training focused on small-business owners.
- Barber & Cosmetology Business Summit
- Black Business Momentum
- Hispanic Business Momentum
- Financial Fortitude Summit
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App