Career Choice is an education benefit that empowers Amazon employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. The program meets learners where they are on their individual journeys through a variety of education and upskilling opportunities, including full college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs and foundational skills, such as English language proficiency, high school diplomas and GEDs.
More than 50,000 Amazon employees, including 35,000 in the U.S., have participated in Career Choice since its inception in 2012.
- Available to hourly full-time and part-time employees who have worked at Amazon for at least 90 continuous days
- Prepaid tuition and reimbursement of books and fees up to an annual maximum
- Students can take courses earning credit toward a certificate or associate degree.
For more information about Career Choice, fill out an interest form so Wake Tech staff can contact you.
As a member of the Amazon Career Choice partner network, Wake Tech delivers on Amazon's commitment to provide hourly employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, the college and Amazon are committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources and continuous improvements to the student experience.
To enroll in Amazon Career Choice, you first must enroll in Wake Tech by following these steps:.
1. Complete the North Carolina Residency Determination form to find out if you qualify for in-state tuition.
2. Apply to Wake Tech. If you're planning to pursue a Health Sciences program, visit health.waketech.edu to learn about program-specific requirements.
3. Request official transcript(s) from you high school, high school equivalency program or previous college(s). Transcripts may be sent electronically to [email protected] or mailed to:
Wake Tech Admissions
9101 Fayetteville Road
Raleigh NC 27603-5696
If secondary education/high school was completed outside the U.S., submit transcript(s) and completion certificate(s) with certified translations (if documents are not in English). If an examination after secondary education is required for completion, please submit the examination certificate(s) from the Examination Council.
4. Activate your Key Account, which will be the username and password combination you use to access all Wake Tech sites and resources.
5. Attend orientation, which is recommended for all incoming students. Find out about registering for classes, financial aid, email, parking and student resources.
6. Meet with an advisor. Academic advising is one of the most critical components of student success at Wake Tech. Advisors answer questions, provide valuable information about programs of study and guide students in setting academic goals, selecting courses and making sure they're ready for registration.
7. If you are enrolling in online courses, you need to complete the e-Learning Intro module.
8. Register for classes. Self-Service is your all-in-one registration tool: search for classes, plan your schedule and register.
9. Go to the Career Choice website and submit a payment request before Wake Tech's tuition payment deadline. The college will receive the request electronically and apply it to your account by the deadline. (NOTE: The deadline for the Spring 2023 semester is December 14.)
All reimbursement requests for purchasing textbooks should be made through Amazon.
The Amazon Employee Resource Center can answer all questions about Career Choice policies. Go to the Career Choice website and click on "Help" and then "Send us a question."
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App