Information about the closing of the college because of inclement weather will be announced via Wake Tech WARN and social media, as well as on local radio and television stations, and will be posted on Wake Tech's website. In the event that bad weather occurs after the opening of the college, announcement of the dismissal of classes will come from the administrative officer in charge at that time.
When inclement weather occurs::
- If the college is closed, all classes at all sites are canceled.
- If evening classes are canceled, all classes at all sites are canceled.
- If the college is open but the Wake County Public School System is closed, Wake Tech classes scheduled at are public school sites are canceled.
You can determine if your classes are canceled by:
- Checking your Wake Tech email
- Checking the Wake Tech website
- Calling the college switchboard at 919- 866-5000
- Checking local media stations or their websites for the latest information
All Wake Tech email addresses are automatically registered to receive inclement weather alerts via the Wake Tech WARN emergency alert system. You can add other email addresses or phone numbers to receive text message alerts.