Information about the closing of the college because of inclement weather will be announced via Wake Tech Warn, social media, and on local radio and television stations and will be posted on Wake Tech's website. In the event that bad weather occurs after the opening of the college, announcement of the dismissal of classes will come from the administrative officer in charge at that time.
When inclement weather occurs::
- If the college is closed, all classes at all sites are cancelled.
- If evening classes are cancelled, all classes at all sites are cancelled.
- If the college is open but Wake County Public Schools (WCPSS) are closed, Wake Tech classes scheduled at Wake County Public School sites are cancelled.
You can determine if your classes are cancelled by:
- Checking your Wake Tech email
- Checking the Wake Tech website
- Calling the college switchboard at 919- 866-5000, or
- Checking local media stations or their websites for the latest information.
All Wake Tech email addresses are automatically registered to receive inclement weather alerts via the Wake Tech Warn emergency alert system. To add additional email addresses or phone numbers to receive text message alerts, visit http://warn.waketech.edu.