ILC Online Writing and Study Skills Center
The ILC helps students enrolled in any curriculum course with study strategies and the writing process. For more information or to setup an appointment, email [email protected]aketech.edu.
How we help
Never used the ILC and unsure how we can help? Here are some of the ways we regularly assist students:
- Understanding an assignment or text
- Preparing effectively for tests and exams
- Brainstorming for a writing assignment
- Crafting a thesis, topic sentences, and transitions
- Improving grammar and documentation (MLA/APA) skills
How it works
The ILC uses a simple program – Zoom – that allows you to interact with a professional ILC tutor from the comfort of your home or office:
- Seeing & hearing each other while reviewing a concept
- Sharing your screen to show what you need help with
- Viewing the tutor’s screen while discussing a helpful resource
Information on setting up Zoom (it’s simple, we promise!) will be emailed when an appointment is made.