Massive Online Courses (MOOCs)
Massive Open Online Courses, or MOOCs, are online courses open to anyone in the world, free of charge. Anyone with a computer and internet access can take a MOOC.
Wake Tech has a long history of delivering high-quality education online. In 2013, Wake Tech became the first community college in North Carolina (and one of the first in the nation) to offer a MOOC when it launched Introductory Algebra Review (IAR), developed with funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Wake Tech now offers a suite of MOOCs, designed to improve college readiness:
- Chemistry MOOC (CheMOOC)
- *Steps to self-enroll in the Wake Tech Chemistry MOOC
- Step 1: Register with your WTCC email at the link: http://tiny.cc/CheMOOC
- Step 2: Once registered, log in with your new username (not your email) and password
- Step 3: Click “Courses” on the menu on the left, and you’ll see the Chemistry MOOC listed.
*Need help Registering? Watch this video.
- Mastering the Fundamentals of Reading and Writing
- Preparing for College Math: A Review of Fundamentals
Please note: Students receive no college credit for completing a Wake Tech MOOC.