Plus-50 Lifelong Learning
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults age 50 or older that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement or explore personal interests. The Plus-50 program has courses that range from such as yoga to dance to Spanish to scrapbooking.
In addition to courses offered at various Wake Tech campuses and sites, we offer programs at senior centers, community and recreation sites throughout Wake County. If you take a course at a location other than a Wake Tech campus, you must register for the course at that specific location.
Partner sites and senior centers
Become an entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center (SBC) and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor in a free, confidential session any time questions arise.
Retired to rehired
Going back into the workforce can be daunting. You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace – or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. The unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course details and registration information
- demonstrate a basic understanding of the Italian alphabet, numbers, and telling time.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of basic question and answer forms for personal introductions, talking about the weather, talking about family, and describing people.
- demonstrate a basic knowledge of parts of speech, regular and irregular verbs, descriptive adjectives, and possessives.
- learn how to use grammar and vocabulary for greetings, expressions of courtesy, schedules, sports and pastimes, and expressing ownership.
- Vocabulary and expressions for greeting and making introductions.
- Nouns, articles, and numbers.
- Vocabulary and expressions used in classes and schedules.
- Pronouns,the verb esssere, adjective agreement.
- Telling time, talking about sports and pastimes that a person likes or does not like to do.
- Regular -are verbs: andare, dare, fare, and stare.
- Vocabulary and expressions for talking about the weather, seasons, and the months of the year.
- The verb avere, regular -ere verbs and piacere.
- Vocabulary and expressions for talking about families and expressing ownership.
- Possessives, prepositional contractions, regular -ire verbs.
- Vocabulary and expressions for describing people and asking questions.
- Descriptive adjectives, interrogatives and demonstratives
- Attendance 90% or above
ConnectWake Tech eNews
Wake Tech Podcast
Wake Tech Mobile App