Plus 50 Lifelong Learning
Plus 50 Expo
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wake Tech Northern Wake Campus
Sample Wake Tech's Lifelong Learning classes and services, and attend presentations from community partners. The event features vendor booths, refreshments, workshops, and opportunities to speak with Wake Tech staff about your "next move!"
Interested in having a booth at the Plus 50 Expo?
Or have your business featured at the event?
Wake Tech offers courses designed especially for adults 50 and over that can help you discover a new career, improve your job search skills, plan for retirement, or explore personal interests.
At our Plus 50 events, you can sample courses and attend presentations from community experts on a wide variety of topics - small business counseling, long-term healthcare, retirement, beer brewing, flying commercial drones, and much more! Stay tuned for announcements about upcoming Plus 50 events.
Check out these programs and resources:
Become an Entrepreneur
You may have dreamed of starting a business or turning hobbies or volunteer work into a money-making operation. Wake Tech's Small Business Center and Entrepreneurship Initiatives programs have resources to help get you started. Talk with an SBC advisor (live and in person!) in a free, confidential session, any time questions arise.
Retired to Re-hired!
Going back into the workforce can be daunting: You may wonder about your tech skills or generation gaps in the workplace - or you may be seeing a challenge you haven't identified yet. Wake Tech's Workforce Continuing Education division can help -- and the Career Transitions Forum is a great place to start. This unique, weekly series of lectures and networking activities brings professionals together to share ideas and experience in a supportive environment.
Course Details & Registration Information
- leave the course knowing the impact of history portrayed through art.
- First session introduces the student to the concept of History Through Art and the precepts for the process.
- Healing Arts looks at both the way in which healing and medicine have been portrayed and how image has been used in teaching medicine
- Agriculture and Food looks at how the cultivation, preparation and presentation of nourishment has been portrayed and conveyed to the present
- Industry and Manufacture looks at how we learn about past processes and methods of making things is conveyed and preserved
- Lifestyle and Living is a segment that looks at how we learn of past trends and practices through the images created and preserved for our study today..
- Attendance 90% or above