Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address the current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have demonstrated a basic understanding/proficiency in the following:
- entry-level skills required to be an employee of DSS;
- basic computer and keyboarding skills;
- interviewing skills and resumes;
- workplace success skills;
- customer service skills;
- DSS and NC FAST terminology;
- basic navigation skills and FNS application in the NC FAST system.
- Module 1 (CC)- Registration. Introduction and Review of Course Outline. Work Keys Pre-Assessment
- Module 2 (CC) - Customer-Service. Interviewing Clients. Technology Awareness.
- Module 3 (CC) - Keyboarding
- Module 4 (CC) - Applications/Resumes/Job Interviews. Workplace Success.
- Module 5 (DSS) - History of Department of Social Services. History of NCFAST Data Entry System. DSS and NCFAST Terminology. NC FAST Navigation 101
- Module 6 (DSS) - Introduction to NCFAST. Application to FNS Case Job Aid. NCFAST HELP.
- Module 7 (DSS) - Registering Clients
- Module 8 (DSS)- Keying Applications
- Module 9 (DSS) - Working Evidence on the Dashboard
- Module 10 (DSS) - Intake, Documentation & Eligibility (case studies)
- Module 11 (DSS) - Intake, Documentation & Eligibility (case studies)
- Module 12 (DSS) - Testing on NCFAST & DSS Terminology. Intake Documentation & Eligibility (case studies).
- Module 13 (DSS) - NC FAST Test
- Module 14 (CC) - Keyboarding Assessment/Work Keys Assessments
- Module 15 (CC) - Work Keys Assessment
- *DSS - Division of Social Services
*CC - Community Colleges
- Attendance 90% or above
- Evaluation Methodology: This is a non-credit course and assessments will be used to verify student’s readiness to progress to Phase II of this program based on demonstrated skills, test scores and participation in class activities.
- Grading Requirement: This is a pass/fail course based upon the successful completion of course tests and attainment of a Career Readiness Certificate (any level).
- Students must attend, at minimum, 90% of class hours and actively participate in class activities in order to successfully complete the class and receive a certificate.
- Income Maintenance Caseworker-NCFAST - HSE-3220A3