Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- describe the components of a professional profile including the picture, headline, about, skills, experience, skills and recommendations sections.
- implement account and privacy settings appropriate for a job seeker.
- identify what a personal brand is and how to convey it on LinkedIn through their profile and other content.
- use several methods to search for potential connections.
- invite professionals to connect and respond to invitations they receive.
- search job postings utilizing LinkedIn's features.
- establish a system for classifying and taking notes about their LinkedIn connections.
- support their connections through sharing profiles and introductions, and ask for introductions themselves.
- use templates for common messages sent through LinkedIn including requests for recommendations, endorsements, and introductions.
- identify next steps to take on LinkedIn.
- Importance of LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Basics
- Account Settings
- Importance of Personal Brand
- Methods for Finding and Making Connections
- Manage and Assist Your Connections
- Job Postings
- Sharing on LinkedIn
- Following Companies
- LinkedIn Groups
- Next Steps to Take
- Attendance 90% or above
- LinkedIn Overview for Job Seekers - HRD-3005BB2
- Linkedin Job Search Strategies: Beyond The Profile - HRD-3005BF2
- Craft a Resume That Generates Employer Interest - HRD-3001BZ2
- Resume to the Interview and the Steps In-Between - HRD-3001BD2
- Resume Style and Organization - HRD-3003AV2
- Career Transitions Forum: Lecture Series for Business Professionals - HRD-3006X2