Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have explored self-assessment tools to determine probable career interests;
- have identified administrative assistant positions, titles, and roles;
- have learned about salary ranges for fastest growing administrative assistant category of occupations in North Carolina;
- have learned how to become a professional through understanding work load management, workplace ethics, team work, and communication skills;
- have identified better customer focus skills;
- have better understanding on how technology is used with administrative assistant job duties;
- have learned the different resources available for further education and career opportunities.
- Module 1 - Registration and Assessing Skills and Interests
- Module 2 - The Workplace - professional attributes, managing workload
- Module 3 - Workplace Environment - ethics, team work, and customer focus
- Module 4 - Communication - verbal, written, technology, presentation
- Module 5 - Understanding Records Management, Financial Documents, and General Travel Procedures
- Module 6 - Career Search and Educational Opportunities
- Attendance 90% or above
- Participation in group and individual assignments with a minimum grade of 80%.