Skills Training for Job Seekers (HRD)
ENHANCE YOUR RESUME, MARKET YOURSELF, EXPLORE A NEW CAREER
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have accessed their personal knowledge and language skills level;
- have discussed different fields in translation and interpretation;
- have become aware of cultural awareness differences in translation and interpretation;
- have discussed idioms, terminology, dialects and slangs;
- have learned the importance of ethics;
- have developed a resume for this industry;
- have developed interview skills for this industry;
- have researched job and educational opportunities.
- Module 1: Self Assessment and Identify Personal Capabilities
- Module 2: Identify Fields of Translation and Interpretation
- Module 3: Awareness of Languages and Cultural Differences
- Module 4: Ethics
- Module 5: Resume Development
- Module 6: Develop Interview Skills
- Module 7: Education and Job Opportunities
- Attendance 95% or above
- Translation and Interpretation Part I - FLI-3700B2
- Oral Communication for Advanced ESL Students - COM-3711E3
- ABE Transition for Adv. ESL Students - ABE-TRANS