Career Success for Job Seekers (HRD)
Enhance Your Resume, Nail The Interview, Explore A New Career
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
Course Details & Registration Information
- have conducted a self assessment to determine career path success;
- have become aware of the tasks and skills associated with the position;
- have become proficient at managing health information in the office setting;
- have become aware of the importance of oral and written communication in the office setting;
- have identified skills needed for developing and presenting information to a group;
- have learned job search process and identified employment opportunities.
- Module 1: Registration, Course Overview, Assessment
- Module 2: Medical Ethics, Bioethics, Medical Law, Medical Liability and Communication and Legal Terms
- Module 3: Communication Cycle and Procedures
- Module 4: Managing Health Information, Understanding Medical Software, Developing Office Computer and Technology Skills
- Module 5: Understanding Insurance Plans and Coding Standards
- Module 6: Developing Job Search Skills: Writing an Effective Resume, Developing Interview Skills for Employment and Utilizing Career/Employment Resources
- Module 7: Project Presentation - Utilizing Computer and Communication Skills to Present to a Group
- Attendance 90% or above
- Students must actively participate in class on an individual and group or team basis. Must complete all assignments and assessments.
- Career Readiness for the Professional Administrative Assistant - HRD-3004AZ2
- Pathways to a Medical Coding Career - HRD-3004BR2