Skills Training for Job Seekers (HRD)
ENHANCE YOUR RESUME, MARKET YOURSELF, EXPLORE A NEW CAREER
HRD (Human Resources Development) courses provide employability skills training and assistance for adults who are trying to find employment, transitioning back into the workforce, or working to redefine their professional niche in today's global market.
Classes are designed to address current needs and trends of the complex and constantly changing workforce.
*All HRD courses are fee-waived for qualifying individuals who are unemployed, "underemployed," or who have received notice of layoff or pending layoff.*
Course Details & Registration Information
- have identified best practices for addressing barriers to employment.
- have identified transferable skills.
- have learned to successfully complete an online job application.
- have learned components of an effective resume.
- have developed an effective elevator speech.
- have practiced responses to interview questions.
- have learned non-traditional job search methods.
- Performing a SWOT analysis
- Setting SMART goals
- Identifying a support system
- Identifying transferable skills
- Practicing non-traditional job search techniques
- Developing an elevator speech
- Completing online applications
- Learning components of an effective resume
- Preparing responses to interview questions
- Establishing professional references
- Attendance 95% or above
- Job Fit, Personal Strengths and Employability Value - HRD-3001AE2
- Steps 2 Success - HRD-3001BN2
- TRCS (Training Resources for Career Success) - HRD-3001Q2
- STEPS to Self Suffieciency - HRD-3001K1