Service Industry Training
Course Details & Registration Information
- Students will begin learning grooming standards for specific breeds as well as grooming techniques and styles. Hands-on grooming sessions are an important part of the course.
- Review part 1.
Steps to grooming a dog.
Grooming body styles.
Creating a natural foot.
- All over trim versus body contour trim.
Sporting dog, terrier, poodle and doodle trims .
Clipper and scissoring skills.
Guard comb trims.
- Grooming Salon: Bathe and dry dog. Brush out.
- Grooming Salon: Bathe and dry dog. Brush out. All over body trim
- Grooming Salon: Bathe and dry dog. Brush out. Full Shave Down.
- Review of styles and techniques.
Discussion on dog behaviors while being groomed.
Importance of good communication with pet parents.
- Grooming Salon: Bathe and dry dog. Brush out. Trim face feet and nails.
- Final Field Exam.
- Attendance 90% or above
- Professional Dog Bathing - ANS-3100A2
- Become a Professional Dog Trainer - ANS-3500B3