Service Industry Training
Course Details & Registration Information
|Section||Location||Begin Date||End Date||Instructor||Price||Seats Available/Total Seats|
- Upon successfully completion of this course, participants will be able to perform the skills necessary to develop a program of activities, in accordance with federal and state regulations, the interests and the physical, mental and psychological well-being of each resident in long term care. Participants are qualified to work in a nursing facility as an Activity Coordinator/Director in a Senior Facility.
- • Overview of the Activity Professional (Historical Background, Agencies, and Institutions, The Activity Professional, Regulations
• Human Development (Introduction, Physical Changes in Body Appearance and Composition, the Impact of Illness and Dysfunction on Normal Aging Medications and
• The Elderly, Universal Needs of the Elderly, Human Development and Aging, The Spirituality of Aging, Psychosocial Needs of the Elderly
• Standards of Practice(Code of Ethics, Personal Health Management, Personal Characteristics, Professional Standards, Professional Attitude Towards Residents, Right to Life- Right to
• Communications with Residents and Staff,
• Activity Care Planning for Quality of Life (Frame of Reference for Care Planning, Documentation,
• Methods of Service Delivery in the Activity Profession (Resident, Program Scope, Adaptations
- Attendance 90% or above
- Class & field trip participations are very important part of the class.
- Activity Planners
- Activity Coordinator
- Activity Supervisor