End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon graduation, the student will be able to:
- Advocate for patients and families in ways that promote their self-determination, integrity, and ongoing growth as human beings.
- Function effectively within nursing and interprofessional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Implement one's role as a nurse in ways that reflect integrity, responsibility, and ethical practices for diverse patients across the lifespan.
- Integrate current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences/values for patient education and the delivery of optimal health care.
- Make judgments in practice, substantiated with evidence, that integrate nursing science in the provision of safe, quality care and that promote the health of patients within a family and community context.
- Uses data and information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making.
Wake Technical Community College Department of Nursing Education graduates demonstrate excellence in meeting the following program outcomes of: on time program completion *(defined as within 7.5 terms of starting NUR 111), NCLEX RN licensure test pass rate, and job placement.
Graduates surveyed one year after graduation indicate that they are “very satisfied or satisfied” with the program of study and their preparation for nursing practice. Based upon survey returns, employers are also “very satisfied or satisfied” with our graduates’ performance.
See below for our most recent data:
Total Number of Graduates:
|Total Number of Graduates Who Passed NCLEX 1st Time:||
|Dates of NC Board of Nursing NCLEX Reporting:||% of Graduates Completing Program on Time
(% per year)
|% of Graduates Obtaining Jobs Within 6 Months:||
Job Placement Reporting Dates:
|Spring 2014||64||60||93.7%||Jan-Dec 2014||88%||June-Dec 2014|
|Fall 2014||75||74||98.6%||Jan-Dec 2014||63%||94%||Jan-June 2015|
|Spring 2015||75||74||98.6%||Jan–Dec 2015||97%||June-Dec 2015|
|Fall 2015||58||56||96.5%||Jan–Dec 2015||79%||90%||Jan- June 2016|
|Spring 2016||56||56||100%||Jan–Dec 2016||97%||June-Dec 2016|
|Fall 2016||56||54||96%||Jan–Dec 2016||76%|
North Carolina Board of Nursing NCLEX RN 1st Time Testing Pass Rate 3 YEAR AVERAGE 2014-2016
|Type Program||2014||2015||2016|| 3 year average
|National Pass Rate||RN-ALL||82||85||85||84|
|NC Pass Rate||RN-ALL||78||81||81||80|
|Wake Technical Community College||
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing | 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850 | Atlanta, GA 30326
P 404-975-5000 | F 404-975-5020 | www.acenursing.org