The Biopharmaceutical Technology curriculum is designed to prepare individuals for employment in pharmaceutical manufacturing and related industries. Major emphasis is placed on manufacturing processes and quality assurance procedures.
A student wishing to enroll in the Biopharmaceutical Technology curriculum must meet the following standards:
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills involving basic math, the use of a calculator and the ability to interpret word problems
- Communicate clearly (orally and in writing) in order to relay information to the appropriate individuals
- Read and correctly carry out written instructions in class and in lab exercises
- Understand and correctly carry out oral instructions
- Work independently or in teams
- Pay attention to detail
- Conduct himself or herself in a professional manner
- Deal with other students and instructors with patience and tolerance
- Follow directions precisely
- Think before speaking
Graduates should qualify for numerous positions within the industry. Employment opportunities include but are not limited to the following: Chemical Quality Assurance, Microbiological Quality Assurance, Product Inspection, Documentation Review, Manufacturing and Product/Process Validation.
The Biopharmaceutical industry has very strict procedures and codes of conduct. Acceptance of this structure and control is paramount for success in this program and this field of employment.
Employers of our graduates include Ajinomoto, Baxter, Biocon, Biogen IDEC, Burt’s Bees, Carefusion, Catalent, Contamination Control Tech., Patheon, Polyzen, ATEX Technologies, GlaxoSmithKline, Grifols, Lilly, Fuji Film/Diosynth, Merck, Medicago, Guerbet, Mallinckrodt, Seqirus, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Teleflex, Triangle Certification, Mongan Biopharm, VWR Scientific, Xellia, Thermo-Fisher.